Re: A working MusicXML engraver?

Joe,

Agree with all your points (especially group consensus and avoiding ad hoc
implementations), which is why I think a reference implementation should
come from this group rather than using a 3rd party implementation.

Other W3C groups have test suites, and I think a test suite for MusicXML
would be useful, but it may be difficult to implement given that MusicXML
software is written in a variety of languages and platforms. Perhaps a
test-driven approach would work, where test cases are written first, then a
reference implementation follows because it implements those test cases.
However, this could be a very long process because there are so many edge
cases in music notation.