W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org > June 2013

[Minutes] MLW-LT call 2013-06-26

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 15:36:01 +0200
Message-ID: <51CAEE41.1080206@w3.org>
To: "public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org" <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Hi all,

today's minutes are at

http://www.w3.org/2013/06/26-mlw-lt-minutes.html

and below as text.

Best,

Felix

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                                MLW-LT WG

26 Jun 2013

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Jun/0102.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2013/06/26-mlw-lt-irc

Attendees

    Present
           felix, omstefanov, davelewis, Des, Jirka, chriLi, joerg,
           dF, Yves, Ankit, leroy, pnietoca, Pedro

    Regrets
           tadej

    Chair
           felix

    Scribe
           daveL

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Conflicts between paramters
          2. [6]PR publication
          3. [7]Vote for PR publication
          4. [8]presentation from adobe on current implementation
          5. [9]Next steps in July
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    <fsasaki> agenda is here
    [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2013Jun/0102.html

      [11] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Jun/0102.html

    <omstefanov> unless I missed something it appears that the
    implementation conformance list has only green OK entries. if
    so, congrats, everyone.

Conflicts between paramters

    no comments on agenda

    <fsasaki>
    [12]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/i
    ssues/130

      [12] 
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/130

    renat had asked about precedence of its:params

    <fsasaki>
    [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2013Jun/0103.html

      [13] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Jun/0103.html

    felix: jirka confirmed the precedence rules as already defined

    <fsasaki>
    [14]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
    ts20/its20.html#selection-precedence

      [14] 
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#selection-precedence

    <fsasaki>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
    ts20/its20.html#html5-selection-precedence

      [15] 
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#html5-selection-precedence

    felix: but pointed out that the behaviour in the case of
    clashing parameter names was not addressed

    <fsasaki> "In case of conflicts between global selections via
    multiple rules elements or conflicts between multiple param
    elements with the same name, the last rule or last param
    element has higher precedence."

    jirka: agrees proposal is fine

    yves: agrees also

    <fsasaki> issue-130 can be closed with this edit

PR publication

    <fsasaki>
    [16]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-multilingualweb
    -lt/2013Jun/0000.html

      [16] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-multilingualweb-lt/2013Jun/0000.html

    <omstefanov_2> felix, I can't open this ...

    <omstefanov_2> could I get it in a temp way?

    <fsasaki>
    [17]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-multilingualweb
    -lt/2013Jun/0002.html (member only link, can be opened only
    with W3C member account)

      [17] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-multilingualweb-lt/2013Jun/0002.html

    <fsasaki> "5. Evidence That Dependencies With Other Groups
    Met:"

    felix: this is a formal email communicating our activities to
    presenting spec for next stage
    ... one issue

    <fsasaki>
    [18]http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-html5-20121217/dom.html#phrasi
    ng-content

      [18] 
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-html5-20121217/dom.html#phrasing-content

    <fsasaki>
    [19]http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-html5-20121217/dom.html#the-tr
    anslate-attribute

      [19] 
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-html5-20121217/dom.html#the-translate-attribute

    <fsasaki>
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2013/05/07-mlw-lt-minutes#item04

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2013/05/07-mlw-lt-minutes#item04

    felix: we use references from HTML5.1 definitions at above URLs
    ... as recommended in this call.
    ... but the issue is that all normative references are
    reocmmendations, but HTML5 and HTML5.1 are not yet
    recommendation
    ... this is a common unsolved problems with many specs that
    refernce HTML5
    ... but there is a workaround.
    ... workaround involves stating that the implementation is
    stable based on test results
    ... so that in PR phase that the HTML5 draft uses to phrasing
    (already in place) and translate definitions from html5.1

    jorg: is this the usual approach in w3c

    felix: usually we try and avoid these issues, but we are the
    same as some other groups that we need such a reference
    ... our task is then to get that stability in HTML5

    <fsasaki>
    [21]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
    ts20/its20-implementation-report.html#Translateconformance-over
    view

      [21] 
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20-implementation-report.html#Translateconformance-overview

    felix: so we go to HTML WG with above evidence of working
    implementations

    dave: how quick might they respond?

    felix: hope they will respond and make changes in 4 weeks, so
    its really workload on HTML5 editor

    dave: do you think any in HMTL5 WG will disagree

    felix: don't think so since main resolution of topics is based
    on working impelmentations at this stage in the HMTL5 WG

    jorg: letter need to have pub date corrected, currently 'jun 2'

Vote for PR publication

    jirka: another point, in spec we are inconsistent in
    typographic changes

    felix: dave, david and i have called scheduled with w3c
    managmeent on friday

    jirka: will aim to correct this beofre then

    felix: call for vote of progress to next stage
    ... publishing proposed recommendation draft

    christian: procedural question, do we have a quorum for a vote?

    felix: we have 13 people on call, but there is not a formal
    number required on the call
    ... but will mail list say the result of the call and giving 48
    hour to voice opinion

    christian: would like to abstain

    dF: is it a vote or cencensus

    felix: we aim for consensus

    dF: vote to publish

    des: asks is 2 implementaitons is a pre-requisite for the vote

    felix; not for the vote, but can't move forward without this

    <fsasaki>
    [22]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
    ts20/its20-implementation-report.html

      [22] 
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20-implementation-report.html

    scribe: but we have at least two implementations tested for
    each feature, whcih is sufficient to progress
    ... which doens't count implementation committments
    ... note yet tested

    <Ankit> +1

    <leroy> +1

    +1

    <Des> +1

    <Yves_> +1 for publication

    <dF> +1

    <pnietoca> +1

    <joerg> +1

    <fsasaki> ACTION: felix to write mail to public list making
    people aware of vote for PR [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2013/06/26-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-551 - Write mail to public list
    making people aware of vote for PR [on Felix Sasaki - due
    2013-07-03].

    felix: asks for people to vote +1 on IRC for publishing

    <fsasaki> deadline for comments: Friday 1 p.m. UTC

    <omstefanov_2> +1 (if public members count)

presentation from adobe on current implementation

    des: ... update on presentation from last month
    ... implementation based on apache jackrabbit sling layer
    ... future work will have authoring in upper layers
    ... integrated okapi into sling, just started impelmentaiton,
    with translate
    ... shows early demo via screen share
    ... shows sling/jcr content management and import html file
    with ITs annotations
    ... where jcr exposes document node structure

    -- sling allows integration of servelt for specific processing
    through manipulation of URL, i.e. adding an 'its' element to
    URL

    scribe: also offers a json mapping
    ... shows remaining timeline, on track for planned completion
    date, will include XLIFF support
    ... plan to submit source to apache

    felix: asks to clarify where the meta-data is created

    des: meta-data gets expanded at the input stage, i.e. where the
    rules are evaluated, so the global rule are parsed and applied
    to the JCR rerpesentation

    felix: suggest that in demo have one person creating the rule
    and another creating the content

    <fsasaki> daveL: will we also support external rules?

    <fsasaki> des: yes, external to the file

    dave: are you planning to include extern rules files

    <fsasaki> .. that is what we will support. It will not be
    external to the system

    <omstefanov_2> thanks, Des. Nice presentation

Next steps in July

    felix: we had schedule init presentaiton, but sebastian is not
    on call, will follow up next week
    ... hope that frmo next week onward we can open up call to ITS
    IG for discuss best practice discussions

    <fsasaki>
    [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/

      [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/

    felix: asks if this is ok with everyone

    <dF> +1

    <fsasaki> ACTION: felix to prepare ITS IG for minute taking
    etc. [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2013/06/26-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-552 - Prepare ITS IG for minute
    taking etc. [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-07-03].

    dave; asks if minutes then under IG wiki

    felix: yes

    felix: if everything goes Ok, PR stage will end end july into
    august
    ... so in dublin we mentioned preparing some showcase
    recordings
    ... and if anyone has guidelines to prepare these (christian
    mentioned he might have some)

    felix; asks jorg if he could introduce IG call to
    interoperability now initiative.

    jorg: agrees

    felix: aob

    pedro: for IG will eveyone on WG list need to move themselves
    to IG

    <fsasaki>
    [26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/

      [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/

    <omstefanov_2> does this include persons such we me?

    felix; no, i have taken the liberty of moving everyone to IG

    <omstefanov_2> thanks, Felix!

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: felix to prepare ITS IG for minute taking etc.
    [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2013/06/26-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to write mail to public list making people
    aware of vote for PR [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2013/06/26-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [29]scribe.perl version
     1.138 ([30]CVS log)
     $Date: 2013-06-26 13:33:48 $

      [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 13:36:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:08:32 UTC