Re: HTML5+ITS validator

2012/9/13 Phil Ritchie <philr@vistatec.ie>

> Are there any code samples for doing this? I couldn't find any on the web
> site.
>
> Apologies for wanting to be somewhat spoon-fed but my java is
> "intermediate" level.

My Java is worse, I'm sure. A while ago I searched fort this. I think you
can use

https://whattf.svn.cvsdude.com/htmlparser/tags/RELEASE_1_0_6/test-src/nu/validator/htmlparser/tools/XSLT4HTML5.java

as a basis. Then, re-use the content of

"if (mode == Mode.DOM) { ..."

This

"inputDoc = builder.parse(new File(input));"

should give you the dom. I haven't tested this, Jirka or others might have
a much better approach.

Felix

> Phil
>

> On 13 Sep 2012, at 13:21, "Felix Sasaki" <fsasaki@w3.org> wrote:
>
> As Jirka pointed out, the tool is just a validator. The underlying HTML
> parser
> http://about.validator.nu/htmlparser/
> allows for creating a DOM from HTML5 input - which you can modify as you
> like.
>
> Felix
>
> 2012/9/13 Phil Ritchie <philr@vistatec.ie>
>
>> Jirka
>>
>> I took a look at this the other day. Would my understanding be correct
>> that the API does not allow modification of the DOM, i.e. to add ITS 2.0
>> metadata?
>>
>> Phil.
>>

>> From:        Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
>> To:        "public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org" <
>> public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>,
>> Date:        13/09/2012 10:50
>> Subject:        HTML5+ITS validator
>> ------------------------------
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> just to keep you informed. On my machine I have working copy of
>> HTML5+ITS validator (see screenshot).
>>
>> The long term plan is too offer such functionality directly on
>> http://validator.w3.org/ and http://validator.nu
>>
>>                                                                    Jirka
>>
>> --
>>  Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz

>>       Professional XML consulting and training services
>>  DocBook customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing
>> OASIS DocBook TC member, W3C Invited Expert, ISO JTC1/SC34 member
>> [attachment "its-validator.png" deleted by Phil Ritchie/VISTATEC]
>> [attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Phil Ritchie/VISTATEC]

>> are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
>> the sender immediately by e-mail.
>>
>> www.vistatec.com

> Felix Sasaki
> DFKI / W3C Fellow