W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org > November 2012

[Minutes] MLW-LT editing call minutes, diff and next steps

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 17:38:42 +0100
Message-ID: <50ABB212.3080400@w3.org>
To: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Hi all,

minutes are at http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html and 
below as text. Thanks a lot to Dave, David, Jirka, Karl and Yves for 
making this extra effort and a very effective call.

The aim for next Monday's call is

- close the "final" issue "tool information" see
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/42 and
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#its-tool-annotation

- have feedback from the working group on the edits - please check
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#changelog-since-20121023 

esp. items 10-17, and the diff at
http://tinyurl.com/its2-online-edit-diff
also, see the editing actions (a list of rather small ones) that we 
created today at 
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/actions/open
action-306 to action-317

- get any further issues. We want to vote for "last call", that is a 
feature complete draft, on the 4 december call, but not later than the 
11 december call. If we miss that deadline we cannot discuss "last call" 
comments in Prague (since "last call" requires a 6 weeks period).

- get feedback on the informative sections 1 and 2. These are still 
focused on ITS 1.0. We will have two more editing calls next week 
Tue-Wed; so any feedback what to focus on for these calls will be very 
helpful.

Thank you again for the fruitful work!

Best,

Felix

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                          MLW-LT editing session

20 Nov 2012

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0155.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-irc

Attendees

    Present
           jirka, felix, daveL, david, yves, karl

    Regrets
    Chair
           felix

    Scribe
           fsasaki

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]roll call
          2. [6]editing
      * [7]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    <fsasaki> scribe: tbd

roll call

    <fsasaki> scribe: fsasaki

editing

    [8]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/it
    s20/its20.html#changelog-since-20121023

       [8] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#changelog-since-20121023

    looking at
    [9]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/it
    s20/its20.html#css-selectors-feature-at-risk

       [9] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#css-selectors-feature-at-risk

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to check about having editorial notes in
    last call draft, e.g. the xml schema and schematron related
    notes [recorded in
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-307 - Check about having editorial
    notes in last call draft, e.g. the xml schema and schematron
    related notes [on Felix Sasaki - due 2012-11-27].

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to update ponter list in sec. 5.3.2.2 -
    due 29 November [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to update ponter list in sec. 5.3.2.2 -
    due 29 November [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-308 - update ponter list in sec.
    5.3.2.2 [on Felix Sasaki - due 2012-11-29].

    <its:disambiguationRule selector="//*[@typeof]"
    disambiguationClassRefPointer="@typeof" />

    <its:disambiguationRule selector="//*[@about]"
    disambigIdentRefPointer="@about" />

    going through disambiguation section

    discussing need for global "disambigGranularity"

    dave: needed because otherwise some information would be
    missing in global rules

    <scribe> ACTION: daveL to pick up disambiguation granuliartiy
    best practices topic later - due 2013-01-31 [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-309 - pick up disambiguation
    granuliartiy best practices topic later [on David Lewis - due
    2013-01-31].

    daveL: need to be consistent - conventions for talking about
    data categories

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to go through the document and check
    data category naming (capital first letter plus hyperlink)
    [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-310 - Go through the document and
    check data category naming (capital first letter plus
    hyperlink) [on Felix Sasaki - due 2012-11-27].

    now going through mime type section

    [15]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
    ts20/its20.html#its-mime-type

      [15] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#its-mime-type

    action-251: make sure that IRI vs URI is addressed then going
    to last call - only IRI would be better

    <trackbot> ACTION-251 add a mime type section to ITS2.0 draft
    and make the necessary steps for last call mentioned at
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype notes added

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype

    <daveL> in interval 0 to 1 inclusive.

    <Yves_> in other data categories we say "between 0 and 100
    (inclusive)"

    should we use "in interval 0 to 1 inclusive" - rather "integer
    between 0 and 100 (inclusive)"

    "An optional disambigConfidence attribute with the value of a
    rational number in the interval 0 to 1"

    "MT Confidence is provided as a (rational) number from the
    interval 0 to 1 inclusive."

    dave: inclusive should be in here for disambiguatino too

    <scribe> ACTION: dfilip to check with group about harmonization
    of interval values - mtconfidence, disambiguation, locquality
    issue, loc precis [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action07]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-311 - Check with group about
    harmonization of interval values - mtconfidence,
    disambiguation, locquality issue, loc precis [on David Filip -
    due 2012-11-27].

    <Jirka> there shouldn't be / before file:///

    thanks, changing now

    dropping EX-mtConfidence-global-1.xml - with mtProducer etc.,
    these not needed anymore

    some changes to mt confidence examples

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to come up with a list of data category
    identifiers for the tool annoation section [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action08]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-312 - Come up with a list of data
    category identifiers for the tool annoation section [on Felix
    Sasaki - due 2012-11-27].

    action-312: make sure that the data category identifers are in
    lower case, for HTML5

    <trackbot> ACTION-312 Come up with a list of data category
    identifiers for the tool annoation section notes added

    back - now going through provenance section

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to check data category table [recorded
    in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action09]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-313 - Check data category table [on
    Felix Sasaki - due 2012-11-27].

    [20]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
    ts20/its20.html#provenance

      [20] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#provenance

    "offers a mechanism to refer to external, RDF-based provenance
    descriptions based on the provenance data model [PROV-DM]."

    "offers a mechanism to refer to external provenance data".

    <daveL> The specification does not define the format of
    external provenance data, but it is recommended that an open
    provenance or or change logging format be used, e.g. the W3C
    provenance data model [PROV-DM].

    allow values to inherit to elements and attributes

    <scribe> ACTION: yves to check global rules for provenance
    [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action10]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-314 - Check global rules for
    provenance [on Yves Savourel - due 2012-11-27].

    dave: may keep global pointer rules for xliff mapping
    ... general purpose global rules can be dropped

    dropping done in the life editing session, needs wg feedback

    <scribe> ACTION: daveL to rework
    [22]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
    ts20/examples/xml/EX-provenance-global-3.xml to use XLIFF
    [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action11]

      [22] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/examples/xml/EX-provenance-global-3.xml

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-315 - Rework
    [24]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
    ts20/examples/xml/EX-provenance-global-3.xml to use XLIFF [on
    David Lewis - due 2012-11-27].

      [24] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/examples/xml/EX-provenance-global-3.xml

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to tweak list of global provenance
    attributes - e.g. "A provenanceRecordsRefPointer attribute that
    contains a relative selector pointing to a node with the exact
    same semantics as provenanceRecordsRef." [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action12]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-316 - Tweak list of global provenance
    attributes - e.g. "A provenanceRecordsRefPointer attribute that
    contains a relative selector pointing to a node with the exact
    same semantics as provenanceRecordsRef." [on Felix Sasaki - due
    2012-11-27].

    will add a link to #elem-provenanceRecords (definition of the
    record in local definition)

    removing note on order of provenacne records - the order
    doesn't have any significane

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to make sure that we talk in sec. 7.3
    about inline standoff markup as well [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action13]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-317 - Make sure that we talk in sec.
    7.3 about inline standoff markup as well [on Felix Sasaki - due
    2012-11-27].

    send out minutes of call - edits - and propose to look now at
    sec. 1. and 2.

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: daveL to pick up disambiguation granuliartiy best
    practices topic later - due 2013-01-31 [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: daveL to rework
    [28]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
    ts20/examples/xml/EX-provenance-global-3.xml to use XLIFF
    [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action11]
    [NEW] ACTION: dfilip to check with group about harmonization of
    interval values - mtconfidence, disambiguation, locquality
    issue, loc precis [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action07]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to check about having editorial notes in
    last call draft, e.g. the xml schema and schematron related
    notes [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to check data category table [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action09]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to come up with a list of data category
    identifiers for the tool annoation section [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action08]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to go through the document and check data
    category naming (capital first letter plus hyperlink) [recorded
    in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to make sure that we talk in sec. 7.3 about
    inline standoff markup as well [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action13]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to tweak list of global provenance
    attributes - e.g. "A provenanceRecordsRefPointer attribute that
    contains a relative selector pointing to a node with the exact
    same semantics as provenanceRecordsRef." [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action12]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to update ponter list in sec. 5.3.2.2 - due
    29 November [recorded in
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to update ponter list in sec. 5.3.2.2 - due
    29 November [recorded in
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: yves to check global rules for provenance
    [recorded in
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/20-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action10]

      [28] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/examples/xml/EX-provenance-global-3.xml

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [40]scribe.perl version
     1.137 ([41]CVS log)
     $Date: 2012-11-20 16:24:30 $

      [40] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [41] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 16:39:13 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Sunday, 9 June 2013 00:25:03 UTC