W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org > November 2012

[Minutes] MLW-LT 2012-11-19 ...

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 20:58:05 +0100
Message-ID: <50AA8F4D.6070109@w3.org>
To: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
... are at http://www.w3.org/2012/11/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html and below as 
text.


- Felix


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                                MLW-LT WG

19 Nov 2012

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0136.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/11/19-mlw-lt-irc

Attendees

    Present
           fsasaki, shaunm, joerg, DaveL, petasis, Ankit, Arle,
           Jirka, chriLi, DomJones, Yves, leroy, kfritsche, Milan,
           mauricio, philr, fredrik, giuseppe, pnietoca, mdelolmo

    Regrets
           Olaf-Michael, DavidF, pedro

    Chair
           fsasaki

    Scribe
           daveL, fsasaki

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Roll call
          2. [6]Timeline
          3. [7]mtconfidence
          4. [8]"confidence score" proposal
          5. [9]Rename "translation provenance"
          6. [10]Tool information
          7. [11]For the editors: Pedro's text
          8. [12]Global rule action items
          9. [13]global rules for qa issue
         10. [14]Disambiguation section health check
         11. [15]Review of edits
         12. [16]localization quality precis
         13. [17]aob
      * [18]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

Roll call

    Done

Timeline

    <fsasaki>
    [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2012Nov/0081.html

      [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0081.html

    <fsasaki>
    [20]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgIk0-aoSKOadG
    5HQmJDT2EybWVvVC1VbnF5alN2S3c#gid=0

      [20] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgIk0-aoSKOadG5HQmJDT2EybWVvVC1VbnF5alN2S3c#gid=0

    felix: thanks for yves, dom and leroy on advancing testsuite
    ... any comments on further progress to milestones

    dom: some divergence in dates in different places
    ... also have webinar planned
    ... but will plan out key dates update thursday with Leroy
    ... and will publish new dates on steps through published
    testsuite files, revision deadlines etc by Friday

    leroy: next version still need stable test files for provenance
    and disambiguation

    felix: asks in updated plan, will we have all tests run by
    march workshop?

    leroy: think this is an acceptable timeframe, with enough time
    for all impementers to test this out

    dom; hope there should only be small correction to
    implementations, not to the test suite

    felix; important that implementors signal if they need more
    time to hit this test deadline, so we can manage the
    presentaiton of this

mtconfidence

    felix: asks arle when we can make update in [21]action-287

      [21] https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/actions/287

    arle: can try and finish by tomorrow tuesday

"confidence score" proposal

    <fsasaki>
    [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2012Nov/0112.html

      [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0112.html

    <fsasaki>
    [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2012Nov/0101.html

      [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0101.html

    felix: asks is everyone is happy in 0101 mail?

    <fsasaki> ACTION: felix to edit 101 mail into spec [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-298 - Edit 101 mail into spec [on
    Felix Sasaki - due 2012-11-26].

    <fsasaki>
    [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2012Nov/0120.html

      [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0120.html

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to update confidence scores input
    [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-299 - Update confidence scores input
    [on Felix Sasaki - due 2012-11-26].

    felix: agreement, will add these in

Rename "translation provenance"

    <fsasaki>
    [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2012Nov/0115.html

      [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0115.html

    <fsasaki>
    [28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2012Nov/0139.html

      [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0139.html

    <fsasaki>
    [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2012Nov/0120.html

      [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0120.html

    felix: can we put these proposals into draft

    <fsasaki> ACTION: felix to put 120 mail to provenance into the
    draft [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-300 - Put 120 mail to provenance into
    the draft [on Felix Sasaki - due 2012-11-26].

    yves; agrees

    jorge; agrees

Tool information

    <fsasaki>
    [31]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2012Nov/0078.html

      [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0078.html

    <fsasaki> ACTION: felix to edit tool information into the draft
    [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-301 - Edit tool information into the
    draft [on Felix Sasaki - due 2012-11-26].

For the editors: Pedro's text

    <fsasaki>
    [33]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2012Nov/0034.html

      [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0034.html

    felix: mail on allowed characters and use to restrict markup
    ... looking for co-editor to put that into the draft

    yves: can do this

    <fsasaki> ACTION: arle to edit the 0034 mail about allowed
    characters [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-302 - Edit the 0034 mail about
    allowed characters [on Arle Lommel - due 2012-11-26].

    arle: can also

Global rule action items

    felix; actions related to loc qual precis (action-295),
    mt-confidence (action-296) and domain

    scribe: any feedback on loc qual rules
    ... looking for real life examples

    phil: not sure I have use cases for it in global rules

    felix; this is also a statement, but let keep action open for
    another week

    <fsasaki> scribe: fsasaki

    dave: one reason for global rules:
    ... are they e.g. used for attribute text
    ... not sure if it would apply in this case
    ... for MTConfidence score it seems to be a strong case

    <scribe> scribe: daveL

global rules for qa issue

    <fsasaki>
    [35]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2012Nov/0103.html

      [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0103.html

    <fsasaki> "locQualityIssuesRefPointer"

    felix: yves reviewed these rules, but concluded that only one
    pointer attribute was needed - for stand off
    ... but don't need other pointer attirbutes

    yves: confirms
    ... and as there are no views to the contrary will remove the
    pointer rules

    <scribe> ACTION: yves to remove pointer attributes from
    locquality issues as per 0103 mail [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action06]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-303 - Remove pointer attributes from
    locquality issues as per 0103 mail [on Yves Savourel - due
    2012-11-26].

Disambiguation section health check

    <fsasaki>
    [37]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2012Nov/0132.html

      [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0132.html

    <fsasaki>
    [38]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
    ts20/its20.html#Disambiguation

      [38] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#Disambiguation

    felix: thanks to jorge, yves and others working on that section
    ... proposed keeping only global pointers and remove other
    rules and simplified local selectors

    yves; only change to default for granularity value and I can do
    that

    felix: but do we need this ins the section6 table, since this
    is default when the annotation is not present even, as with
    translate
    ... so only need to specify default in the data cat section,
    since it only needs a default if the annotation is present

    <fsasaki>
    [39]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
    ts20/its20.html#datacategories-overview

      [39] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#datacategories-overview

    yves: agrees, it onyl need to be added to data category

    <chriLi> I would need to understand if termNote and
    disambiguation are meant to be orthogonal concepts

    chriLi; not with this long enough to comment, but asks how
    disambiguation is related to existing data cats from 1.0 such
    at terminology

    <fsasaki> scribe: fsasaki

    dave: we kept them separate
    ... since we had use cases
    ... where disambiguation might feed directly into an MT process
    ... there is no process taht would use the terminology data
    category
    ... it was more to accomodate combination of text analytics
    with MT
    ... we may not formally be recording a phrase that is
    identifiyed as disambiguation
    ... as something that goes into the term base

    joerg: there are a lot of use cases where you need to do
    disambiguation without terminology identification

    <daveL> scribe: daveL

    felix: would like to put this into the note

    <scribe> ACTION: daveL to provide a note on this use of
    disambiguation with support from jorge [recorded in
    [40]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action07]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-304 - Provide a note on this use of
    disambiguation with support from jorge [on David Lewis - due
    2012-11-26].

    chriLi: further question, when we are talking about notes, are
    these for an annotated version of the specification as with
    its1.0

    felix: these are non normative notes in the spec

    <chriLi> I was referring to this type of annotated document
    [41]http://www.xml.com/axml/testaxml.htm

      [41] http://www.xml.com/axml/testaxml.htm

    felix: but assume we will do more work on assembling a best
    practice document that assmebles this non normative stuff
    ... this could be an annotated version of the spec (a good
    idea) or a separate document need to be decided
    ... need to decide this is a few week, though don't have a
    specific opinion on this at the moment

Review of edits

    <fsasaki>
    [42]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
    ts20/its20.html#changelog-since-20121023

      [42] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#changelog-since-20121023

    felix: there are a number of small edits form 6-12

    <fsasaki>
    [43]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2012Nov/0116.html

      [43] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0116.html

    <scribe> ACTION: daveL to check these edits and in 0116 mail.
    [recorded in
    [44]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action08]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-305 - Check these edits and in 0116
    mail. [on David Lewis - due 2012-11-26].

localization quality precis

    <fsasaki>
    [45]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2012Nov/0130.html

      [45] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0130.html

    phil: as per mail, originally to hold summary level info hence
    the name, but not tied to this name, happy to have something
    similar
    ... for example Frederick comment on vote, which it makes sense
    to include

    <Fredrik> I Felix, I'm here, I was more so just wondering what
    the status was in general.

    phil: it started as 'profile' but wasn't quite the right
    meaning

    arle; can we go back to 'summary'

    phil; agrees

    <Arle> localizationQualitySummary

    <fsasaki> localizationQualitySummary vs.
    localizationQualityIssue

    felix; suggest we rrn to this and if no objections make this
    change form precis to 'summary'

aob

    <fsasaki>
    [46]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Mai
    n_Page#Upcoming

      [46] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Main_Page#Upcoming

    People participating in editing call on Tuesday

    <Arle> Arle

    <Yves_> yves

    <kfritsche> kfritsche

    <Jirka> Jirka

    <Arle> Actually, strike me from the list.

    <fsasaki> felix

    <Arle> I have a conflict :-(

    daveL on provenance, and checking how mtconfidence, confidence
    scores and itstools turn out, plus working in intro sections

    <Yves_> +1 on Dave's list

    felix: will try and with arle to rmake sure these are uptodate
    and have group review of these sections
    ... going through editors notes
    ... thanks everyone for todau and talk to you tomorrow or next
    week

    <fsasaki> adjourn

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: arle to edit the 0034 mail about allowed
    characters [recorded in
    [47]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: daveL to check these edits and in 0116 mail.
    [recorded in
    [48]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action08]
    [NEW] ACTION: daveL to provide a note on this use of
    disambiguation with support from jorge [recorded in
    [49]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action07]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to edit 101 mail into spec [recorded in
    [50]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to edit tool information into the draft
    [recorded in
    [51]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to put 120 mail to provenance into the
    draft [recorded in
    [52]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to update confidence scores input [recorded
    in
    [53]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: yves to remove pointer attributes from locquality
    issues as per 0103 mail [recorded in
    [54]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/19-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action06]

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [55]scribe.perl version
     1.137 ([56]CVS log)
     $Date: 2012-11-19 19:41:21 $

      [55] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [56] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 19 November 2012 19:58:31 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Sunday, 9 June 2013 00:25:03 UTC