[ACTIOn-275] Generic stand-off elements

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 15:30:10 -0600
To: <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Hi all,

I had the action item to summarize the proposal for having common stand-off elements that was started here:

The idea is to have a single ITS element (e.g. <its:standOffList> but any other meaningful name will do), that would be used for all stand-off annotations.

It would hold one or more <its:item/> (e.g. or some more meaningful but still generic name) where the attributes of the data category being specified can be set.

Here is the example 68
With the proposed notation:

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <script id=its-standoff-no-2 type=application/xml>
      <its:standOffList xml:id="pr1">
      <its:standOfflist xml:id="pr2">
            transPerson="John Doe"
            transRevPerson="Tommy Atkins"
            provRef="http://www.examplelsp.com/excontent987/legal/prov/e6354 http://www.vistatec.com/job-12-7-15-X31/reviewed/prov/re8573469"/>
            transRevPerson="John Smith"

A side note on HTML5 and stand-off: here the example is not going to work (regardless of the element names) because we said that we needed to have a single root element per <script>. So:

a) either we need yet another special element (or maybe its:rules can be used?) to enclose the two element with xml:id,