BCP 47 "t" extension follow up and locale identifier definition

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:52:35 +0200
To: Mark Davis <mark@macchiato.com>
Cc: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org, public-i18n-core@w3.org
Dear Mark, with CC to the MultilingualWeb LT and the i18n core public list,

I have an action ACTION-133 to follow up on the BCP 47 discussion we had
with your contribution on 12 June. Thanks again for your presentation.

In our requirements document
we have several requirements related to processes, see e.g.

Since the "t" extension is also meant to express process related
information, we want to coordinate the values that can be used via that
extension with what we define - or just refer to them. What would be the
best way to achieve this?

A related issue: we need to specify information about locales, see e.g.
The current thinking about locale identifiers is here
At the Dublin workshop there was already some feedback from Richard (IIRC):
if we have a dedicated field for a local identifier, than a basic BCP 47
language tag (without the underscore conversion) might do it. Do you have
any thoughts on this?

Thanks a lot for your feedback in advance,