Re: mlw-lt-track-ISSUE-29 (Maxime): Please comment the possible solutions for HTML+ITS2.0 to HTML (and | embedded by | embedding) RDF

2012/6/21 Sebastian Hellmann <hellmann@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>

> Hi Jirka,
>

> On 06/21/2012 03:40 PM, Jirka Kosek wrote:
>
>> On 21.6.2012 10:16, MultilingualWeb-LT Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:
>>
>>  Generally, we distinguish between solutions on three aspects:
>>>
>>> 1. ITS info may be in HTML or in RDF or both.
>>>  b. RDF coexist with ITS attributes in the HTML
>>>      - pros: the document is kept unchanged
>>>      - cons: redundancy
>>>
>> I think that having document unchanged is non-goal. By having the same
>> information expressed in a two different ways means that it is very
>> likely that such information can diverge and you will have to decide
>> what takes precedence then.
>>
>> I think that mapping from HTML+ITS to RDFa should strip all original
>> its-* attributes and global rules referenced by<link rel="itsrules">
>>
>>  2. three possible ways to attach a set of triples to a document (may be
>>> a combination of all three):
>>>  a. inline RDFa (RDFa is usually used to make text that's already
>>> human-readable machine-readable too.) ;
>>>      - cons: We face lots of issues with RDFa inline annotation. For
>>> instance, when we want to add RDFa inline progressively during the process:
>>> we'd need to modify every NIF URIs computed so far.
>>>
>> Maybe you can use something different then NIF then. For example XPath
>> location of element that has its-* attached to it?
>>
> Well, your chainsaw picture still seems quite appropriate. For RDFa to
> work *at all* , you will need to create URIs. XPath is a candidate for that
> and it is straightforward to append after a '#', which is very similar to
> the way NIF uses URIs.  What features would you like that XPath location to
> have? Felix mentioned that evaluating XPath can be quite expensive. Could
> you give us a figure what would be feasible?  Something like
> "#xpath_html/1/body/1/h2/1" would allow to use SAX instead of DOM, but
> xpath would also not 100% proof against changes, right?

Just FYI, without arguing for anything, for the ITS 1.0 test suite
http://www.w3.org/International/its/tests/
we created something like this
/{}myMetaDoc/{}body[1]/{}insert[1]/{myChineseMakupLanguage}书籍[1]
to identify each element and attribute note - taken from a "path" attribute
at
http://www.w3.org/International/its/tests/test1/Translate1-result.xml

The format expands namespace (if there is none, there is empty curly
brackets).

Felix

--
Felix Sasaki