Re: ACTION-139 options for test suite design

Hi Felix,
just to keep you posted, Leroy is now familiarising himself with the
existing ITS1.0 testsuite and the other scripts you kindly provided and
dom is looking at the W3C test suite format.

Our broad plan currently is to:
1) get the ITS1.0 suite working locally
2) do an initial draft of documenting this with the W3C test suite
format, using your existing ITS1.0 test suite material, and check then
the HTML and its param variations, as these are a delta on the ITS1.0
test suite.
3) select one of the new ITS2.0 data categories start to test out the
suite. any preferences, perhaps domain?
4) look for some earlier implementors willing to help us test out the
test suite - actually how we 'sign off' on the test suite is something
we need to discuss how to do - I guess with more people involved it
needs to be a more transparent, checkable process, but feedback/guidance
welcome.

If that goes smoothly we might aim to complete the rest of the basic
test suite aligned to the 26th Jul draft, say for 13th Aug, so we can
then get broad feedback on the sign-off process and the documentation
and usability of the tests with the aim of having something more broadly
useful by the Prague meeting in September. We anticipate of course that
this will be an iterative process, especially as the spec evolves.

cheers,
Dave