Re: [action 63] naming our standard

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:52:33 +0200
To: David Lewis <dave.lewis@cs.tcd.ie>
Cc: Multilingual Web LT Public List <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
I have a strong preference for ITS 2.0. The fact that there is a bigger
scope doesn't count for me. Take the case of XML: it is called a "markup
language", although many e.g. service oriented applications don't have to
do with markup at all. Also, we are chartered to produce the successor of
ITS - not calling this "ITS 2.0" will lead to confusion.

Felix