AW: Practical question: elements or attributes?

From: Moritz Hellwig <Moritz.Hellwig@cocomore.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 13:38:31 +0200
To: "Jirka Kosek" <jirka@kosek.cz>, "Arle Lommel" <arle.lommel@gmail.com>
Cc: "Multilingual Web LT Public List" <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Agreed

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jirka Kosek [mailto:jirka@kosek.cz]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. April 2012 12:32
An: Arle Lommel
Cc: Multilingual Web LT Public List
Betreff: Re: Practical question: elements or attributes?

On 17.4.2012 10:45, Arle Lommel wrote:

> However, using elements would also be more disruptive to the target formats
than would using attributes. For instance, in an HTML5+ITS combination the
core structure of HTML5 could remain unaltered if we use attributes, but when
we start adding elements, we are making more fundamental structural changes.

In HTML5 you can't use your custom elements. So if possible, we should stick
to attributes and use multiple attributes if necessary. Also in
HTML5 everything in element content is visible, so for metadata we should use
attributes anyway.