De: Yves Savourel [mailto:ysavourel@enlaso.com]
Enviado el: jueves, 05 de abril de 2012 15:44
Para: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Asunto: RE: [ACTION-14]: Pedro to address cache and MT disambiguation with
Arle

Hi Perdo, all,

> mt disambiguation data
> • domain selector: plain text content to be used by the system.
> This content is not defined and may be application specific,
> e.g., a code used by the system, a subject name, a pointer
> to a location in a domain ontology.
> • semantic selector: plain text content to be used by the system.
> This content is not defined and may be application specific,
> e.g., a code used by the system, a synonym, a pointer to a
> location in a semantic network.

I've noted from experience that selectors without a set on pre-defined
values are usually useless outside the tool that defines them.

If the value to carry in a "standard" attribute is not standardized, there
is little point to have such attribute.

To have minimal interoperability it seems a selector needs to have at least
a minimum set of defined values. Then each system can map those to their own
corresponding labels.

Cheers,
-yves