RE: And now a beta?

From: Jo Rabin <jrabin@mtld.mobi>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:20:34 -0000
To: "public-mobileok-checker" <public-mobileok-checker@w3.org>
This seems like a good deal of progress, well done everyone.

I'd ask that we hold off announcing this step, though, until a couple of things have happened. First, it would be worth coordinating with Nacho's new dev manual. Second that we have some conclusions from the coordination call with Marie-Claire, which is scheduled for tomorrow morning 1000 UK time.

And I would like us to give some thought to what the exit criteria from beta would be.

How about:

1) A period of at least 3 months with no open serious bugs

2) A recorded number of resources scanned with no mis-operation - er, not sure how many is enough to have confidence that one has sampled sufficient Web content to "know" that the checker doesn't mis-operate?

3) 100% test coverage correctly executed ... which itself raises the question of how we resolve that test coverage is complete.