"Minimize" test

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:00:12 +0100
To: public-mobileok-checker <public-mobileok-checker@w3.org>

Hi,

I've been adding test cases for our implementations of Minimize, and
discovered while doing so that we were not counting the comments in our
calculation, despite what mobileOK instructs.

So, I have implemented this in the XSLT test (MinimizeTest.xsl) and the
test MinimizeTest/4 seems to show that it works.

That said, I think we're not implementing all we need to implement when
counting extraneous whitespace; the test case MinimizeTest/5 [1] has its
extraneous whitespaces inside the XML tag, but they aren't counted as
extraneous - running the tester on this currently gives a PASS, where it
should be a WARN.

The trouble is - I don't know how we can reliably count these - neither
SAX nor XPath seems to give access to those, and I doubt the DOM would
either.

Dom

1.
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2007/mobileok-ref/test/data/ROOT/MinimizeTest/5/index.xhtml?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup