RE: Error Text (was RE: Checker Home Page and Regular Teleconference Details)

From: Jo Rabin <jrabin@mtld.mobi>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 23:21:14 +0100
To: "Sean Owen" <srowen@google.com>
Cc: <public-mobileok-checker@w3.org>

> In general, this is not going to be possible. Some bits of test logic
> that I've already run into (e.g. "if X, re-request the document with
> headers Y and Z") must be delegated to helper functions. This is part
> of why I've been tilting at the XSL solution for a while... it's
> seductive but you end up with a half-way solution which has
> disadvantages of both approaches.
>
> I still think the XSL solution is clean in many cases and we should
> proceed with it, but consider the stylesheets an implementation detail
> of the framework and not take undue pain to make them independently
> usable. Where they happen to be, great.

I think that our (dotMobi's) objective is to create moki and XSLT in
such a way as they can be run in a framework independent manner. That
said, there is no intention to be hard-nosed about it.

For the sake of clarity, why is the "if X, re-request the document with
headers Y and Z" different to "if the status is 301 or 302 re-request
the document with the same headers as before", which is all reasonably
accommodated with plain moki and xslt?

Jo