W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-mobileok-checker@w3.org > February 2007

[minutes] mobileOK checker teleconf Feb 26

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 17:43:16 +0100
To: public-mobileok-checker@w3.org
Message-Id: <1172508196.4041.115.camel@cumulustier>

Hi,

We had a call a few minutes ago on the points that Sean drafted the
other day; I've taken some notes during the call that should hopefully
allow those who couldn't join the call to get the gist of what we
discussed:
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/26-bpwg-minutes.html

We agreed to have another call at the same time next week, Monday March
5th at 10am ET; I'll send the details of the logistics for that call as
soon as they get confirmed.

During today meeting, we took the following resolutions:
RESOLUTION: test implementation will produce an intermediate
representation specifying the results of accessing and evaluating
("preprocessing") a resource. This representation will be available as a
DOM / XML document

RESOLUTION: as many tests as is reasonable will be implemented in terms
of the intermediate DOM

RESOLUTION: test results will be available not only in Java API form but
in a comparable DOM form expressed using EARL

RESOLUTION: test results will be available not only in Java API form but
in a comparable DOM form expressed using EARL

RESOLUTION: reference implementation will be written in Java


We discussed but didn't have time to take the following proposed
resolution:
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: if implementation is as useful / robust or more so
than existing checker, as decided by this task force, then we will try
to use it to power validator.w3.org along with the release of mobileOK
Basic Tests 1.0 in late April. It would be heavily caveated -- that it's
beta, in progress, incomplete and must only be cited as a work in
progress

The following action items were accepted:
[NEW] ACTION: Jo to summarize the requirements in a note [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/26-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Sean to explain clearly the overall architecture [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/26-bpwg-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Sean to incorporate the resolutions in sketch code
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/26-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

Dom
Received on Monday, 26 February 2007 16:44:54 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:13:02 GMT