Re: Comments on proposed new SC 2.5.3

On 19/04/2016 17:19, David MacDonald wrote:
> I think there is plenty of precedence in WCAG for this type of
> conditional statement which starts with "**When** x condition applies, y
> characteristic is a passing condition". See below.

It's not the "when" that I'm saying is weird. What is weird is that
you're making the "up-event", which the SC is requiring, one of the
possible ways to achieve the SC...it's circular reasoning, and THEN you
have other ways of achieving it.

 >         2.5.3 Up-Event Activation: When single touch and/or pointer
 >         activation  can be triggered with the up-event, at least one
of the following is
 >         true (Level A):
 >
 >         ​- ​Activation is on the up event,
 >         - Confirmation is provided which can dismiss activation,
 >         ​- ​ Activation is reversible,
 >         ​- ​ A mechanism is available to allow the user to trigger
activation
 >         on the  up-event,
 >         ​- ​  Timing of activation is essential; waiting for the
up-event would invalidate the activity.

So what you're saying is:

"X: when x, one of the following is true:

- x
- other things"