Re: Comments on proposed new SC 2.5.3

I think there is plenty of precedence in WCAG for this type of conditional
statement which starts with "**When** x condition applies, y characteristic
is a passing condition". See below.

*1.3.2 *When the sequence in which content is presented affects its
meaning, a correct reading sequence
<https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#correct-reading-sequencedef> can be
programmatically
determined <https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#programmaticallydetermineddef>.
(Level A)

*2.2.5 *When an authenticated session expires, the user can continue the
activity without loss of data after re-authenticating. (Level AAA)

*3.1.5 *When text requires reading ability more advanced than the lower
secondary education level <https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#lowseceddef> after
removal of proper names and titles, supplemental content
<https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#suppcontentdef>, or a version that does not
require reading ability more advanced than the lower secondary education
level, is available. (Level AAA)

*3.2.1 *When any component receives focus, it does not initiate a change of
context <https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#context-changedef>. (Level A)
*3.3.2 Labels or Instructions:* Labels
<https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#labeldef> or instructions are provided
**when** content requires user input. (Level A)