Re: Design goal regarding HTML5

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Uche Ogbuji <uche@ogbuji.net> wrote:

> As for xlink:href, since the user will be in a restricted vocabulary if
> they want straightforward serialization to HTML5, the convention for such
> could simply be "xlinkhref" without fear of a vocab clash.

I think my preference would be to try to make bare "href" work: on
appropriate SVG elements, the serializer would fix it up into xlink:href.
 Some investigation would be required to see if that is workable.  I seem
to remember seeing somewhere that the SVG folks were thinking of changing
from xlink:href to href (or at least allowing href).

James