Proposed extension of data model

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 22:22:29 -0500
To: James Clark <jjc@jclark.com>
Cc: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@falutin.net>, liam@w3.org, Uche Ogbuji <uche@ogbuji.net>, "public-microxml (public-microxml@w3.org)" <public-microxml@w3.org>
James Clark scripsit:

> I would like to change the Data Model section of the spec to separate out
> the aspects of the data model that are purely there as a result of the
> syntactic constraints of MicroXML.

Fair enough.  In that case, I propose that the following text in Section 2
of the current draft:

    A name item is a non-empty string. The first character in the
    string MUST match the production nameStartChar, and any subsequent
    characters MUST match the production nameChar. In addition, a name
    item occurring as a key in an attributes map MUST not be xmlns.

    Any character occurring in the value of an attributes map or as
    a member of a content list MUST match the production char.

be reduced to the first sentence only.

--
You are a child of the universe no less         John Cowan
than the trees and all other acyclic            http://www.ccil.org/~cowan