Re: Error recovery

On Sat, 2012-11-17 at 17:49 -0700, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:

> > would that change your view?
> >

> Yes.  If given the additional information that the expected attribute value
> was a URI ref, I would change my impression of likely intent from (a) to
> (b).  But absent any other information I do not believe that URI refs are
> such a dominant proportion of attribute values in general.

Neither do I - the question is only about attribute values ending in
"/"...

But if we take it that / isn't part of an unquoted attribute value,
    <ankle xmlns=http://saxon.sf.net/>
presumably becomes something like this:
    <ankle xmlns="http:" saxon.sf.net="" />

>  I still believe (a) to be the likelier interpretation
> of the author's intent.
Here we're guessing, and the right question is not, what was the
author's intent, but which interpretation causes least damage when
wrong. At any rate James has long since moved on to other things :-)

Liam