Re: Names beginning with "xml"

On Thu, 2012-08-16 at 14:41 -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> I had thought Liam was saying that the particular case of
> xml:space="funky" is defined as a WF error in XML 1.0.

It is, but the spec is sloppy about it:

[[
This specification does not give meaning to any value of xml:space other
than "default" and "preserve". It is an error for other values to be
specified; the XML processor may report the error or may recover by
ignoring the attribute specification or by reporting the (erroneous)
value to the application. Applications may ignore or reject erroneous
values.
]]

Liam

The barefoot typographer