Re: Names beginning with "xml"

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 2:39 PM, John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org> wrote:

> Uche Ogbuji scripsit:
>
> > > _unless_ you want all well-formed microxml to be well-formed XML
> > > (which does seem to follow from the use cases on the wiki), and in
> > > that case xml:space="collapse" or xml:mother have to be errors.
> >
> > -1.  I think you raise the important issue of language in how we
> > describe it. It seems we should not try to formally state that all
> > MicroXML documents will be "well-formed" XML 1.0 documents.
>
> Oh no, I think we should absolutely say so.  A document like <root
> xml:mother="sgml"/> is perfectly well-formed in both XML and
> XML+Namespaces.

OK yes, but I had thought Liam was saying that the particular case of
xml:space="funky" is defined as a WF error in XML 1.0. I didn't bother to
check, but if that's not the case, then yes, we should be OK with the
strong statement on WF.

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com