Re: Names beginning with "xml"

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 11:55 AM, James Clark <jjc@jclark.com> wrote:

> I meant to send this to the list, but by mistake sent it just to John.

I think the below is where RFC "SHOULD NOT" language comes in.

Is a MicroXML document that

> - invents its own xml:foo attribute or

MicroXML should make it clear that a document SHOULD NOT do this.

> - uses an existing xml:* attribute (say xml:space) in a way that does
> not conform to the relevant XML-family spec (eg it says
> xml:space="funky")
>
> ok as far as MicroXML is concerned?

MicroXML should make it clear that a document SHOULD NOT do this.

It's a matter of asserting that a document SHOULD NOT use xml:* attributes
that are not defined by another XML Core spec and any use of attributes so
defined SHOULD be in a manner consistent to the relevant spec.

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com