Re: Names beginning with "xml"

On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 00:55 +0700, James Clark wrote:
> I meant to send this to the list, but by mistake sent it just to John.
>
> Is a MicroXML document that
>
> - invents its own xml:foo attribute or
>
> - uses an existing xml:* attribute (say xml:space) in a way that does
> not conform to the relevant XML-family spec (eg it says
> xml:space="funky")
>
> ok as far as MicroXML is concerned?

I hope so.

> If so that compatible with the fact that eg xml:space="funky" is an
> error according to XML 1.0?

This feels to me a bit like some of the XML constraints for
compatibility with SGML... a note that xml:* element and attribute names
are reserved, or should be used compatibly with XML, is sufficient
_unless_ you want all well-formed microxml to be well-formed XML (which
does seem to follow from the use cases on the wiki), and in that case
xml:space="collapse" or xml:mother have to be errors.

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/
Co-author: 5th edition of "Beginning XML", Wrox, July 2012