Re: is spec complete?

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 21:45:06 +0200
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Dear Silvia,

> I've just had a look at http://www.w3.org/TR/media-frags/ and found
> that the section on named fragment URIs is completely gone. Is the
> spec that is at http://www.w3.org/TR/media-frags/ actually complete?
> Where else is there a spec that is complete (i.e. has all the sections
> that we originally authored)? I'm asking because I've seen arguments
> being made that there is no such thing as named media fragments and
> therefore no such thing will be recommended to be implemented in
> browsers.
> Can somebody please clarify?

The Named and Track dimensions are out of the recommendation which is
the (basic) version of Media Fragments URI 1.0, per group decision.
You need to have a look at the (advanced) Media Fragments URI 1.0 (group
note) to get those dimensions described, e.g.
http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/CR-media-frags-20111201/

EURECOM, Campus SophiaTech
Multimedia Communications Department
450 route des Chappes, 06410 Biot, France.