Re: uri templates

From: Thomas Steiner <tomac@google.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 10:26:20 +0100
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Hi Silvia,

> Just wanted to mention that in future it will be easier to describe
> what kind of URI composition we enable by using URI templates -
> specified at http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-08.txt
That's good news indeed.

> I am not happy though that the ampersand-separated way is not standard
> for fragment expansion - maybe we need to provide input on the I-D.
> They've got it covered for queries though.
While I like your idea to get ampersand-segmented fragment expansion
properly specified, I was wondering whether it is indeed the standard
way to do it. I did very limited research, but couldn't find Web
applications using it (probably due to my limited research). I found a
couple of Web apps using something like fragment "paths"  la
#/some/encoded/state. Do you have representative pointers?

> What do you think?
I would love to see it spec'ed, simply, wanted to see who supports it first.

Best,
Tom

--
Thomas Steiner, Research Scientist, Google Inc.