Re: [css3-images] Features Overview

From: Raphaël Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 10:59:01 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, www-style@w3.org, public-media-fragment@w3.org
Dear Tab, Fantasai,

>> Follow-up of this thread, the Editor Draft now states (section 4.2.2),
>> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#naming-space:
>> "Note that in the case of pixel-based clipping areas, application of those
>> areas to multi-resolutions visual media is unsupported. More generally,
>> pixel-clip an image that does not have a single well defined pixel
>> resolution (width and height) is not recommended."
>> Do you agree with this reformulation?
> What does "not supported" imply?  Does it just give the entire image
> then, ignoring the "fragment" part of the request entirely?
> If so, that's fine with me.  I request that it be stated something
> more like the following, though:
> "If the clipping region is pixel-based and the image is
> multi-resolution (like an ICO file), the fragment MUST be ignored, so
> that the url represents the entire image."
> This specifies a specific, testable behavior.

I would like to let you know that your suggested rephrasing has been
included in the specification, see
We have assumed that we have addressed your comments in our disposal of
comments now that this document is transitioning to Candidate
Best regards.

Raphaël Troncy
2229, route des Crêtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.