W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > March 2011

Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 16 March, Telecon *0900 UTC*

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 21:40:19 +0100
Message-ID: <4D7FCEB3.60303@eurecom.fr>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
CC: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Dear Media Fragmenters,

Please, watch the hour (one hour earlier) following the time shift in US!

After a too long interruption, please, find attached the agenda for 
tomorrow's telecon, 
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=03&day=16&year=2011&hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0

The LCWD publication has been issued. I propose we focus the discussion on:
   - The HTML5 bugs that we need to enter (6 from Silvia where people 
generally agree, 1 contentious for the spatial media fragment, Davy,are 
you happy with Silvia's answer)?
   - The MultiTrack API status, in particular, the ISSUE-152? from the 
HTML5 WG
   - The Test Cases suite of Media Fragments
Best regards.

Erik & RaphaŽl

------------

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2011-03-16
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, 16 March *10:00-11:00 UTC*
Local time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=03&day=16&year=2011&hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0

16 March 2011, 0900 UTC
              0200 (West US)
              0900 (Galway)
              1000 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
              1800 (Tokyo)
              2000 (Sydney)
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge FR: +33.4.26.46.79.03
Bridge UK: +44.203.318.0479
Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
Duration : 60 minutes
-------------------------------------------------------------------
IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
W3C IRC Web Client   : http://irc.w3.org/ and http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chair: Erik
ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
Scribe: Conrad, Michael, Jack
Regrets: Raphael

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by 
members and invited experts only.

1. ADMIN:
* Roll call
* LCWD publication issued. Perhaps the document would have already been 
published.

2. HTML5 Bugs:
* HTML5 bug follow-up: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10723
* ACTION-211: Silvia to start a new thread on what bugs to submit to HTML5
** See thread: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011Feb/0002.html
** Q: Can we proceed _now_ with entering those bugs?

3. WHATWG Liaison:
* MultiTrack API, ISSUE-152: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/152

4. TEST CASES:
* ACTION-146: Jack to identify and add in corrib any missing test cases 
for temporal fragments
** See also: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0048.html
** Suggestion of nasty test cases by Philip: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Dec/0015.html
* ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
* ISSUE-10 [Michael]: Media Fragments Test Case Maintenance

5. MEDIA FRAGMENT SPECIFICATION:
* ISSUE-18 [Raphael]: RTSP processing of Media Fragments URI
** See: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0065.html
* Chris Double: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0099.html

6. OPEN ISSUES
* ISSUE-17 [Yves]: Media Fragment track names and IRIs
** See: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0056.html
** Invite Adison in a telecon ASAP
* ISSUE-20 [Yves]: Create a IETF draft at CR stage explaining what the 
media fragment semantics will be for video/*, image/*, audio/*
** Non blocking for transitioning to CR

7. Use Cases and Requirements:
* From Ericsson (media fragment URI for video chat): 
https://labs.ericsson.com/developer-community/blog/beyond-html5-conversational-voice-and-video-implemented-webkit-gtk
* From Google: SemWebVid?
* From HTTP Streaming?
* Image sprite in HTML5: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0061.html
** Specify how to render Media Fragments in UA? Write a reply to HTML5?
* Use Case from Europeana:
** Robert Sanderson: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jul/0010.html
** Bernhard Haslhofer: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Sep/0000.html
** Add this use case in the UC & Requirements document?
* Solution:
** An extra parameter in the Media Fragment URI?
** A new attribute in the HTML5 media element?
* From NEC:
** WIKI ?

8. AOB

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
Received on Tuesday, 15 March 2011 20:39:59 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:42 GMT