Spec clarification (temporal addressing)

From: DENOUAL Franck <Franck.Denoual@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 10:52:18 +0200
To: "public-media-fragment@w3.org" <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear media fragmenters,

I have one comment on current MF URI specification draft:
In section 4.2.1 Temporal Dimension [1], you indicate that "t=10," (with comma at the end) leads to interval [10, end).
It seems that the ABNF grammar just below does not allow this since it is the whole pattern ["," npttime] that is optional in npttimedef definition.
Moreover in your test cases [2], you propose to consider "t=3," as invalid syntax.
I think there is a need for clarification here.

Another remark: the sentence "If a single number only is given, this is the begin time" is in contradiction with the example 3 lines below "t=,20" where the only given number corresponds to end time.
Suggestion for rephrasing: "If a single number only is given, this corresponds to the begin time except if it is preceded by a comma that would in this case indicate the end time".

Best regards,
--
    Franck.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#naming-time