RE: RTSP appendix (ACTION-210)

From: Davy Van Deursen <davy.vandeursen@ugent.be>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:41:35 +0100
To: "'Jack Jansen'" <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>
Cc: "'Media Fragments Working Group WG'" <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Jack,

> > I've inserted the content of the wiki page describing the mapping
> > between Media Fragment URIs and RTSP methods [1] into the
> > specification as an appendix [2]. Please review and provide comments (if any) before Tuesday. This way, I can change the text
> according to your suggestions before the next telecon.
>
> Maybe you should take out D.1.1.4 and simply state "we see no easy way to support this in RTSP as currently standardised".
Agreed.

> Similarly, D.1.3 should be adapted slightly, replacing the second clause by something like "..., therefore any RTSP caching
scheme,
> assuming such a thing exists, will work fine with media fragments".
Agreed.

> I think that D.2.1 through D.2.5 could also be removed.
I have no objection in removing these examples (after all, the mapping should be clear after reading D.1). If nobody has objections,
I will take into account Jack's comments and commit a new version.

Best regards,

Davy

--
Davy Van Deursen

Ghent University - IBBT
Department of Electronics and Information Systems - Multimedia Lab