W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > February 2011

Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 16 February, Telecon 1000 UTC

From: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:25:41 +0100
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Message-Id: <9D171211-E499-4A9B-801A-F432E6355D38@ugent.be>
Dear Media Fragmenters,


Please, find attached the agenda for this week telecon, http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=16&month=02&year=2011&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=0

- primarily getting Philip's approval to go to second LCWD
- feedback of Web & TV workshop
- 

Regrets for RaphaŽl, who will be in a project review meeting at this hour.


Best regards.

Erik & RaphaŽl

------------

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2011-02-16
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, 16 February *10:00-11:00 UTC*
Local time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=16&month=02&year=2011&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=0

16 February 2011, 1000 UTC
             0200 (West US)
             1000 (Galway)
             1100 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
             1900 (Tokyo)
             2100 (Sydney)
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge FR: +33.4.26.46.79.03
Bridge UK: +44.203.318.0479
Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
Duration : 60 minutes
-------------------------------------------------------------------
IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
W3C IRC Web Client   : http://irc.w3.org/ and http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chair: Erik
ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
Scribe: Conrad, Michael, Jack
Regrets: Raphael

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by members and invited experts only.

1. ADMIN:
* Roll call
* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the last week telecon: http://www.w3.org/2011/02/02-mediafrag-minutes.html
* Feedback from Web & TV workshop @ Berlin last week

2. MEDIA FRAGMENT SPECIFICATION:
* ISSUE-19 [Philippe]: Parsing must be defined normatively in the MF spec itself
** Philippe's proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Nov/0008.html and http://people.opera.com/philipj/2010/11/04/media-fragments-spec/overview.html
* ACTION-196: RaphaŽl to address comments from the Media Annotations WG and draft a reply
** Media Annotations WG: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Oct/0000.html
** Chris Double: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0099.html
* ISSUE-18 [Raphael]: RTSP processing of Media Fragments URI
** See: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0065.html

* PROPOSAL: group vote on transition to another LCWD

3. HTML5 / WHATWG Liaison:
* HTML5 bug follow-up: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10723
* WHATWG thread: http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2011-January/029724.html
* ACTION-211: Silvia to start a new thread on what bugs to submit to HTML5

4. OPEN ISSUES
* ISSUE-17 [Yves]: Media Fragment track names and IRIs
** See: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0056.html
** Invite Adison in a telecon ASAP
* ISSUE-20 [Yves]: Create a IETF draft at CR stage explaining what the media fragment semantics will be for video/*, image/*, audio/*
** Non blocking for transitioning to CR

5. TEST CASES
* ACTION-146: Jack to identify and add in corrib any missing test cases for temporal fragments
** See also: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0048.html
** Suggestion of nasty test cases by Philip: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Dec/0015.html
* ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
* ISSUE-10 [Michael]: Media Fragments Test Case Maintenance

6. Use Cases and Requirements:
* From Ericsson (media fragment URI for video chat): https://labs.ericsson.com/developer-community/blog/beyond-html5-conversational-voice-and-video-implemented-webkit-gtk
* From Google: SemWebVid?
* From HTTP Streaming?
* Image sprite in HTML5: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0061.html
** Specify how to render Media Fragments in UA? Write a reply to HTML5?
* Use Case from Europeana:
** Robert Sanderson: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jul/0010.html
** Bernhard Haslhofer: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Sep/0000.html
** Add this use case in the UC & Requirements document?
* Solution:
** An extra parameter in the Media Fragment URI?
** A new attribute in the HTML5 media element?
* From NEC:
** WIKI ?

7. AOB
Received on Tuesday, 15 February 2011 17:26:21 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:42 GMT