W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > February 2011

Minutes of 2011-02-02 teleconference

From: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 14:24:30 +0100
Message-Id: <6C7891E2-802D-4E96-B0C0-99320E9AA11D@ugent.be>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear all,


The minutes of today's phone telecon are available for review at http://www.w3.org/2011/02/02-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format below).


Sincere greetings,
 
Erik Mannens
 
Project Manager
 
Gaston Crommenlaan 8 bus 201
B-9050 Ledeberg-Ghent, Belgium
 
T: +32 9 331 49 93
F: +32 9 331 48 96
M: +32 473 27 44 17
E: erik.mannens@ugent.be
W: http://www.mmlab.be/emannens
 
 
http://multimedialab.elis.ugent.be

--- 



- DRAFT -

Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference

02 Feb 2011

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Yves, Erik, Davy, Silvia, Thomas
Regrets
Raphael, Philip
Chair
Erik
Scribe
silvia
Contents

Topics
Summary of Action Items


<trackbot> Date: 02 February 2011

<erik> Date: 2 February 2011

<scribe> scribe: silvia

<tomayac> +1 to accept

TOPIC 1 ADMIN:

* Roll call

* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the last week telecon:

http://www.w3.org/2011/01/19-mediafrag-minutes.html

<erik> +1

<davy> +1

<Yves> +1

TOPIC 2. MEDIA FRAGMENT SPECIFICATION

* ACTION-196: RaphaŽl to address comments from the Media Annotations WG and draft a reply

Raphael will do the edits tonight or tomorrow

* ACTION-210: Davy to add the RTSP processing section as an appendix to the main document

Davy just committed the changes

close ACTION-210

<trackbot> ACTION-210 Add the RTSP processing section as an appending to the main document closed

<tomayac> +1

* PROPOSAL: group vote on transition to another LCWD

Philippe is on holidays, but we need his input

we will have a final go at this on Monday 16th Feb

since Philippe is on holidays until 11th Feb

we can still prepare the resolution amongst us

<erik> +1 on LCWG

we only need agreement from Philippe on Issue-19

vote: is everyone ok to go to LC#2 ?

<davy> +1

+1

<Yves> +1

<erik> +1

<tomayac> +1

RESOLUTION: we will go to LC#2 on 16th Feb pending agreement from Philippe and no disagreement from other WG members

TOPIC 3. HTML5 / WHATWG Liaiso

* HTML5 bug follow-up: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10723

Silvia's reply: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011Feb/0001.html

suggestion to create 6 new bugs to follow up on the previously rejected parts of the previous bug

Thomas: suggests to make sure we only refer to the media fragement URIs that use "#" in the bugs

<tomayac> suggestion to add a clarification that in the bug if we say "media fragment", we exclusively talk about fragments in the hash (#t, #xywh, etc.)

<Yves> http://www.w3.org/2011/01/19-mediafrag-minutes.html#item03

Yves: we should only do bugs on the end time and what happens with @loop

silvia: let's discuss this in email

Yves: restart a new thread

<scribe> ACTION: silvia to start a new thread on what bugs to submit to HTML5 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/02-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-211 - Start a new thread on what bugs to submit to HTML5 [on Silvia Pfeiffer - due 2011-02-09].

TOPIC 4. IMPLEMENTATIONS

* ACTION-203: Thomas to build a media fragment URI parser in javascript

thomas: have implemented a library that should cover all our specifications

<tomayac> http://tomayac.com/mediafragments/mediafragments.html

thomas: do play with it and try to break it
... it has a couple of basic checks
... available on Github

<Yves> we should test the output of this and http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/code/grammar/

<Yves> so have a bigger test suite for that

thomas: there is a unit test in the Github code

<tomayac> unittests.html, based on QUnit

<tomayac> https://github.com/tomayac/Media-Fragments-URI/blob/master/unittests.html

<tomayac> congratulations, yves! enjoy your sleep while you can ;-)

close Action-203

<trackbot> ACTION-203 Build a media fragment URI parser in javascript closed

<tomayac> yay :-)

TOPIC 5. OPEN ISSUES

<tomayac> thanks. @cramforce helped with the design.

issues 17 and 20 need Raphael and the rest of the group here

they won't block our next LC though

to be done in upcoming weeks

TOPIC 6. TEST CASES

* ACTION-209: Davy to convert TCs from the wiki to an RDF version

close Action-209

<trackbot> ACTION-209 Convert TCs from the wiki to an RDF version closed

once we are in last call we have to check all the test cases

Davy: we only have temporal test cases right now, not spatial and track, so would appreciate such contributions

<tomayac> i have couple of combined cases

we test both test cases that should succeed and such that should fail

<tomayac> check the unittests.html file

<davy> will do, thx

<tomayac> i have failing and success cases

<tomayac> the expected output for invalid cases is simply empty object

TOPIC 7. Use Cases and Requirements

Erik: most of these are for the next version

TOPIC 8. Movie Examples

ok

TOPIC 9. AOB

Thomas is currently working on converting the client side application to be more an API

changing the RDF to be based on media fragments

<tomayac> bye. have a good one!

<tomayac> yves, good luck!!!

<erik> Thanks Silvia for Scibing & have a nice week !!! Take to you all next week

<silvia1> ah, you closed the meeting :)

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: silvia to start a new thread on what bugs to submit to HTML5 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/02-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]
Received on Wednesday, 2 February 2011 13:25:11 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:42 GMT