W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > September 2010

Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 22 September, Telecon 0900 UTC

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 11:39:42 +0200
Message-ID: <4C987D5E.2080501@eurecom.fr>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
CC: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Dear Media Fragmenters,

Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon 
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=22&month=09&year=2010&hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0

The topics to be discussed remain the same as last week but hopefully, 
we will have a full quorum tomorrow for discussing and making progress.

The main issues we need to progress on are:
   - rendering of (complex) spatial media fragments;
   - use cases extensions for annotating complex media fragments;
   - ABNF for name-value pairs from Philip.
Best regards.

   Erik & RaphaŽl

------------

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2010-09-22
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, 22 September *09:00-10:00 UTC*
Local time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=22&month=09&year=2010&hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0

22 September 2010, 0900 UTC
               0200 (West US)
               1000 (Galway)
               1100 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
               1800 (Tokyo)		
               1900 (Sydney)		
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge FR: +33.4.26.46.79.03
Bridge UK: +44.203.318.0479
Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
Duration : 60 minutes
-------------------------------------------------------------------
IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
W3C IRC Web Client   : http://irc.w3.org/ and http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chair: Raphael, Erik
ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
Scribe: Conrad, Michael, Jack
Regrets: none so far

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
members and invited experts only.

1. ADMIN:
* Roll call
* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 15 September 2010 telecon:
http://www.w3.org/2010/09/15-mediafrag-minutes.html
* ACTION-183: Raphael to send review reminders to all relevant groups 
(until end of Sept)

2. MEDIA FRAGMENT EXTENSION:
* Discussion (Philip+Yves): media fragment syntax grammar (why segment 
production rule is not normative?), extensibility, pseudo algorithm code
** ACTION-173: Yves to produce the code that will check the grammar of 
both the URI syntax and the Headers syntax
** ACTION-181: Jack to investigate how escaping is defined in uri spec
** ISSUE-19 [Philippe]: Parsing must be defined normatively in the MF 
spec itself
** Philippe's proposal: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Aug/0005.html

3. PUBLIC COMMENTS:
* Chris Double: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0099.html
** ACTION-184: Yves to email Chris (Double) the reply on when to send 
the range

4. ADDRESSING, RENDERING SPATIAL FRAGMENTS:
* Image sprite in HTML5: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0061.html
** Specify how to render Media Fragments in UA? Write a reply to HTML5?
* Use Case from Europeana:
** Robert Sanderson: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jul/0010.html
** Bernhard Haslhofer: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Sep/0000.html
** Add this use case in the UC & Requirements document?
* Solution:
** An extra parameter in the Media Fragment URI?
** A new attribute in the HTML5 media element?

5. MEDIA FRAGMENTS IN RTSP:
* ISSUE-18 [Raphael]: RTSP processing of Media Fragments URI
** See: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0065.html
** Include 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UA_Server_RTSP_Communication 
in the spec?

6. TEST CASES:
* Corrib test tool: http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/
* ACTION-146: Jack to identify and add in corrib any missing test cases 
for temporal fragments
** See also: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0048.html
** Suggestion of nasty test cases by Philip:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Dec/0015.html
* ACTION-148: Michael to add a copy TC functionality in corrib
* ACTION-149: Michael to come up with a fix for overview vs. edit single 
TC in corrib
* ACTION-167: Erik to find license free movies for the automatic test 
suite ... starting with Elephant Dreams and the creative commons
* ACTION-168: Davy to investigate how the automatic test suite could 
also be done for evaluating the UA behavior
* ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
* ISSUE-10 [Michael]: Media Fragments Test Case Maintenance

7. OPEN ISSUES
* ISSUE-13 [Raphael]: Write a IETF draft for proposing how to register 
the fragment scheme for all media types
* ISSUE-17 [Yves]: Media Fragment track names and IRIs
** See: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0056.html

8. AOB

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
Received on Tuesday, 21 September 2010 09:42:24 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:39 GMT