W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > November 2010

RE: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 01 December, Telecon 1000 UTC

From: Davy Van Deursen <davy.vandeursen@ugent.be>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:03:01 +0100
To: 'RaphaŽl Troncy' <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>, "'Media Fragment'" <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Cc: "'Erik Mannens'" <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Message-ID: <008c01cb908e$eb185fb0$c1491f10$@ugent.be>
Dear all,

I have to send regrets (again), due to conflicting meetings. I will be present next week. 

@RaphaŽl: do you need additional input on top of [1] regarding my actions 192 and 195?

Best regards,

Davy

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Nov/0042.html 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-media-fragment-request@w3.org [mailto:public-media-fragment-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of RaphaŽl Troncy
> Sent: dinsdag 30 november 2010 12:40
> To: Media Fragment
> Cc: Erik Mannens
> Subject: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 01 December, Telecon 1000 UTC
> 
> Dear Media Fragmenters,
> 
> Please, find attached the agenda for this week telecon,
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=01&month=12&year=2010&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=0Best
> regards.
> I suggest we spend the hour approving the many changes in the text that should result from all actions.
> 
>    Erik & RaphaŽl
> 
> ------------
> 
> AGENDA Teleconference
> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2010-12-01
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
> Wednesday, 01 December *10:00-11:00 UTC* Local time:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=01&month=12&year=2010&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=0Best
> regards.
> 
> 01 December 2010, 1000 UTC
>                0200 (West US)
>                1000 (Galway)
>                1100 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
>                1900 (Tokyo)
>                2100 (Sydney)
> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
> Bridge FR: +33.4.26.46.79.03
> Bridge UK: +44.203.318.0479
> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
> W3C IRC Web Client   : http://irc.w3.org/ and http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC
> Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Chair: Erik, Raphael
> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
> Scribe: Conrad, Michael, Jack
> Regrets: none
> 
> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by members and invited experts only.
> 
> 1. ADMIN:
> * Roll call
> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the last week telecon:
> http://www.w3.org/2010/11/24-mediafrag-minutes.html
> 
> 2. MEDIA FRAGMENT SPECIFICATION:
> * ACTION-191: Yves to update the production rules of the time dimension with the npt format for making the hours optional
> * ACTION-192: Davy  to update the specification to state what the processing should do when media fragments request (time
> dimension) does not match exactly how the media item has been encoded
> * ACTION-193: Erik to make a schema for the server redirect recipe
> * ACTION-194: RaphaŽl to add an intro paragraph in the section 5 to explain which recipes is useful for which dimension
> * ACTION-197: RaphaŽl to also add in the intro of Section 5 a paragraph explaining the optimistic processing of fragments (using
ranges
> in seconds)
> * ACTION-198: RaphaŽl to edit section 7.1 for taking into account the cropping resolution
> * ACTION-199: Raphael to add a clarification text regarding the purpose
> of the grammar
> * ACTION-200: Raphael to send a proposal to close ISSUE-19 that consists
> in: clarification text + normative parsing algorithm
> * ACTION-201: Silvia to write a paragraph, note to developers, that they can easily implement a javascript to forward the hash on
the
> URI to the video element
> * ACTION-202: Silvia to draft the paragraph that the group will propose to HTML5 regarding how the control of media fragment URI
> should be done
> * ACTION-173: Yves to produce the code that will check the grammar of both the URI syntax and the Headers syntax
> 
> * ISSUE-19 [Philippe]: Parsing must be defined normatively in the MF spec itself
> ** Philippe's proposal:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Nov/0008.html
> and
> http://people.opera.com/philipj/2010/11/04/media-fragments-spec/overview.html
> 
> 3. LC COMMENTS:
> * Chris Double:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0099.html
> * Media Annotations WG:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Oct/0000.html
> * ACTION-196: RaphaŽl to address comments from the Media Annotations WG and draft a reply
> 
> 4. ADDRESSING, RENDERING SPATIAL FRAGMENTS:
> * Image sprite in HTML5:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0061.html
> ** Specify how to render Media Fragments in UA? Write a reply to HTML5?
> * Use Case from Europeana:
> ** Robert Sanderson:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jul/0010.html
> ** Bernhard Haslhofer:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Sep/0000.html
> ** Add this use case in the UC & Requirements document?
> * Solution:
> ** An extra parameter in the Media Fragment URI?
> ** A new attribute in the HTML5 media element?
> 
> 4. Use Cases and Requirements:
> * From Ericsson (media fragment URI for video chat):
> https://labs.ericsson.com/developer-community/blog/beyond-html5-conversational-voice-and-video-implemented-webkit-gtk
> * From Google: SemWebVid?
> * From HTTP Streaming?
> 
> 5. MEDIA FRAGMENTS IN RTSP:
> * ISSUE-18 [Raphael]: RTSP processing of Media Fragments URI
> ** See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0065.html
> ** Include
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UA_Server_RTSP_Communication
> in the spec?
> 
> 6. TEST CASES:
> * Corrib test tool: http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/
> * ACTION-146: Jack to identify and add in corrib any missing test cases for temporal fragments
> ** See also:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0048.html
> ** Suggestion of nasty test cases by Philip:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Dec/0015.html
> * ACTION-148: Michael to add a copy TC functionality in corrib
> * ACTION-149: Michael to come up with a fix for overview vs. edit single TC in corrib
> * ACTION-167: Erik to find license free movies for the automatic test suite ... starting with Elephant Dreams and the creative
commons
> * ACTION-168: Davy to investigate how the automatic test suite could also be done for evaluating the UA behavior
> * ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
> * ISSUE-10 [Michael]: Media Fragments Test Case Maintenance
> 
> 7. OPEN ISSUES
> * ISSUE-13 [Raphael]: Write a IETF draft for proposing how to register the fragment scheme for all media types
> * ISSUE-17 [Yves]: Media Fragment track names and IRIs
> ** See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0056.html
> 
> 8. AOB
> 
> --
> RaphaŽl Troncy
> EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department 2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
> e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
> Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
> Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
> Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
> 
Received on Tuesday, 30 November 2010 13:03:39 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:40 GMT