Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 26 May, Telecon 0900 UTC

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 15:59:47 +0200
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
CC: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>, Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>, Conrad Parker <conrad@metadecks.org>
Dear Media Fragmenters,

Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon
Actions opened:

Jack, Conrad, could you please update us on your actions?
I suggest we also try to discuss the work done by Silvia regarding the
ABNF syntax proposal for the headers.
Best regards.

   Erik & RaphaŽl

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2010-05-26
Wednesday, 26 May *09:00-10:00 UTC*
Local time:

26 May 2010, 0900 UTC
               0200 (West US)
               1000 (Galway)
               1100 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
               1800 (Tokyo)
               1900 (Sydney)
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge FR: +
Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
Duration : 60 minutes
IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
W3C IRC Web Client   : http://irc.w3.org/ and http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html

Chair: Erik, Raphael
ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
Scribe: Silvia (On Deck: Conrad, Michael)
Regrets: none

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
members and invited experts only.

* Roll call
* PROPOSED to accept the short minutes of the 19 May 2010 telecon:
* ACTION-119: Yves to request admins to set up a cvs notifications
mailing list and notifications
* ACTION-162: Raphael to provide practical information for the next F2F
** See also: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/SixthF2FAgenda
* Proposing a Lecture/presentation at the Open Video Conference
(deadline = 7th June): 20' or 30-45' talk?

* ACTION-156: Conrad to add a "bandwidth conservation use case"

3.1 Media Fragment URI syntax: (Yves)
* ACTION-152: Yves to change the formal syntax to reflect that we don't
need a subdelim for selecting multiple tracks but we allow multiple
track= in the URI

3.2 Protocol for URI fragment Resolution in HTTP:
* ACTION-123: Silvia to come up with ABNF for header syntax
** See also:
(and complete thread)
* ACTION-160: Yves to send an email reporting the issue for track names
* ACTION-137: Jack to check that section 5.2 is implementable using the

3.3 Rendering of Media Fragments URI in UA:
* ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
* Image sprite in HTML5:

3.4 Discovery of 'Track' and 'Named' fragments:
* ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
* Davy's strawman implementation using ROE:
* Silvia's blog post:

* Jack's proposal to write up that we should distinguish the mechanism
(ROE, MPEG-21) vs the semantics

4. TEST CASES: (Michael)
* Corrib test tool: http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/
* ACTION-146: Jack to identify and add in corrib any missing test cases
for temporal fragments
** See also:
* ACTION-164: Erik to report to the group whether the approach from the
RDFa test suite can be used for automatically testing the media fragment
** See also:
* ACTION-148: Michael to add a copy TC functionality in corrib
* ACTION-149: Michael to come up with a fix for overview vs. edit single
TC in corrib
* Suggestion of nasty test cases by Philip:

5.1 Active:

5.2 Non-Active:
* ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
* ISSUE-7 [Michael]: User Agent Media Fragment Resolution and Processing
* ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
* ISSUE-12 [Raphael]: What's the relationship between Images (CSS)
Sprites and the spatial dimension of the Media Fragments URI scheme?
* ISSUE-13 [Raphael]: Write a IETF draft for proposing how to register
the fragment scheme for all media types
* ISSUE-14 [Davy]: How to deal with embedded time stamps
* ISSUE-16 [Jack]: Combining axis is probably not going to be done by
LC, but we should write somewhere that this is doable

* ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
implement the logic on client side
* ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
logic could be implemented on client side
* ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code
doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment
* Someone to investigate whether he could have an implementation in
Javascript that does the client-side media fragments parsing?

7. AOB