Range equivalence (was Re: 5th F2F meeting: second day summary)

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:23:24 -0400 (EDT)
To: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr
cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010, Raphaël Troncy wrote:

> # A new header named 'Content-Range-Mapping' will be introduced, which
> purpose is to expressed a mapping of a Content Range between 2 units (e.g.
> bytes and seconds)

Range processing can't introduce new entity headers, so either we declare
that new header as a connection header (using Connection: Content-Range-Mapping)
but it will be drop by the first hop on the reply chain back to the
originator, or we stick the equivalence as a parameter of the
Content-Range (but it can become quite ugly)

> The WG is now confident that the syntax for the Media Fragment URI is stable.
> One outstanding ACTION given to Yves is to clean this formally in the spec
> and I will do a pass over the complete document next week in order to track
> any remaining discrepancies.

Didn't got the time for this round, we should publish as it is (it's a WD
anyway) and get the formal grammar later.

         ~~Yves