Re: minutes from yesterday and some fixes

From: Conrad Parker <conrad@metadecks.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 10:47:33 +0900
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Cc: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
2010/3/9 RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>:
>> I noticed that too. When typing examples recently, using comma to
>> separate start and end times feels wierd. Is there a reason we don't
>> use '-' in URL?
>
> The time dimension allows to have wall-clock time code .
> Wall-clock time code have dashes, e.g.
> t=clock:2009-07-26T11:19:01Z,2009-07-26T11:20:01Z
>
> Do you want to quote this? :-)

I think it's good to add such rationale to the spec.

Now that we've decided to use only that timecode format for
wall-clock, perhaps we could revisit using '-' for span as it would be
unambiguous here (ie. it could only come between "Z" and "clock".

>> (In earlier annodex specs we avoided '-' in case it was ambiguous with
>> times earlier than zero, but is that really an issue?)
>
> Was it because of wall-clock time code?

nah, we were using a different clock time format (without internal dashes) iirc.

cheers,

Conrad.