5th F2F meeting: first day summary

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 02:22:43 +0100
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear all,

The minutes of today's F2F meeting are available at:
http://www.w3.org/2010/03/08-mediafrag-minutes.html.

We took the following 3 resolutions in the morning:
   # Syntax of the temporal dimension (wall-clock time code) will be
specified with RFC3339
   # Media fragment syntax does not treat the single quote as a special
character. Values for the track and id dimensions should be
percent-encoded when necessary. Further, we should clarify and put a
strong statement in the spec that the number of characters we can use
non-%-encoded is very limited and point to them the RFC3986 for that.
Most of the characters should be %-encoded.
   # Media fragment URI will allow multiple values for the track
dimension, separated by a semi-colon, assuming we are considering only
one temporal range

For this 3rd resolution, we actually end the meeting saying that we will
re-open it for further discussion tomorrow morning since we are not sure
why we go for 'comma' OR 'semi-colon' *in the URL*.

Further, we have worked on the protocol and start specifying the formal
syntax of the headers. The work in progress is at
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/MediaFragmentHeaders and
will be further discussed tomorrow morning.

We have done some restructuring of the Specification document. The main
sections of the specification document are now:
   - Section 4 dealing with the URI syntax and how to parse it;
   - Section 5 dealing with UA/Server communication and headers syntax
definition
   - Section 6 dealing with the semantics of all this syntax and the
most common errors found
   - Section 7 dealing with the display of media fragments in UA
We observe that Section 7 might be purely informative and very short.

Finally, we add a new issue in the tracker related to the combination of
dimensions within a media fragment. We are really pessimistic that
everything defined in the current [[MediaFragmentHeaders]] wiki page
will work in case multiple dimensions are specified in a media fragment URL.