Re: Feedback from FOMS

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:59:59 +0100, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer
> <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
>> wrote:
>>> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:21:34 +0100, Raphaël Troncy
>>> <raphael.troncy@cwi.nl>

>>> I think this is a good idea, it's approximately how HTML5 handles the
>>> issue
>>> of sections with different maturity levels in the same spec.
>>
>> I'm happy with this, too.
>
> In the meeting today I suggested that in the next meeting we get the
> section that I think we all agree on (section 5.2.1
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#processing-protocol-UA-mapped
> and everything that it includes) into a shape such that we can mark it
> as "finished and read for implementation". Then we can hand this on to
> browser developers (in particular Opera and Firefox) for
> implementation.
>
> Philip mentioned one outstanding issue, which has to do with time spec
> and he will raise it on mailing list so we can resolve it by next
> week.
>
> Further then: prepare your arguments for next week's meeting if you
> don't think 5.2.1 is ready. :-)

I don't think this section is ready, but encouraging experimental
implementations and soliciting feedback is one of the best ways to make it
better. As far as I can see the syntax for the new HTTP headers isn't
defined anywhere. We would also need processing rules for how a client
should generate the output (perhaps just "must be a valid production of
the foo syntax") and how the server is to interpret them (hooking into and
probably tweaking the processing sections I added).

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer