W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > January 2010

minutes of 2010-01-27 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:20:26 +0100
Message-ID: <4B60217A.2030707@cwi.nl>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>, Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Hi all,

The minutes of today's telecon are available for review at
http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format
below).

We have discussed a number of important points:
   - approval of changes suggested by Philip
   - specification of the UI rendering for temporal fragments
   - markup of the stable sections within the document for web developers
   - issue raised by Werner regarding media with embedded timestamps
Discussion will continue next week. Please, try to all attend, that will 
ease the resolution process.

Another important point is for ALL to suggest topic and expectation in 
the agenda for the next F2F meeting, please, ALL fill in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/FifthF2FAgenda#Agenda_Preparation

Thanks!

Best regards,

   Erik & RaphaŽl

-------------

    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
27 Jan 2010
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jan/0064.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           Erik, Davy, Raphael, Conrad_(IRC), Silvia, Philip
    Regrets
           Jack, Yves, Michael
    Chair
           Raphael, Eric
    Scribe
           Raphael

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]1. Admin
          2. [6]F2F Meeting
          3. [7]3. Discussion
          4. [8]4. AOB
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 27 January 2010

    Conrad, are you reading IRC only?

    <scribe> Scribe: Raphael

    <scribe> scribenick: raphael

1. Admin

    PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 20 January 2009 telecon:
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/20-mediafrag-minutes.html?

      [10] http://www.w3.org/2010/01/20-mediafrag-minutes.html?

    <davy> +1

    +1

    ACTION-127?

    <trackbot> ACTION-127 -- Yves Lafon to look for the charter
    extension -- due 2010-01-20 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/127

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/127

    Minutes of 24/01 are accepted

    ACTION-127?

    <trackbot> ACTION-127 -- Yves Lafon to look for the charter
    extension -- due 2010-01-20 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/127

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/127

    Thierry is taking care of that

    Thierry: we discuss yesterday the charter, and Philippe agree to one
    year extension for working on Media Fragment 1.0 only
    ... I made the request today to W3M
    ... I expect a positive answer since the domain leader agrees
    ... I and Philippe emphasize we need to go to last call asap

    Goal: important f2f next month, try to solve all issues in order to
    be prepared to be last call in March

F2F Meeting

    Draft agenda:
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/FithF2FAgenda

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/FithF2FAgenda

    Erik: I will update the venue details on the wiki

    Thierry: I will book zakim for these 2 days
    ... 08 and 09 March, 08:00 AM till 18:00 PM European time

    Raphael: please, enter topic of discussion of things you would like
    to have sorted out during the f2f meeting
    ... ALL, complete
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/FithF2FAgenda#Age
    nda_Preparation

      [14] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/FithF2FAgenda#Agenda_Preparation

3. Discussion

    Silvia: I pointed out a weird character in the document

    Raphael: might be an encoding problem ... UTF-8 displays solves it

    <scribe> ACTION: troncy to fix the weird character in the spec
    document [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - troncy

    trackbot, status

    Silvia: feedback from FOMS
    ... discussion about Focus Attention behavior
    ... see
    [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Ja
    n/0055.html
    ... discussion between Conrad, I and Mozilla firefox developers and
    Philip
    ... we need to look at the # as a focus in the player
    ... comes back at the in-context / out-of-context previous
    discussion
    ... we should recommend what a UA should do in the UI when it is
    displaying a media fragment

      [16] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jan/0055.html

    Davy: for the spatial fragment, you will recommend that a UA will
    draw a rectangle on the region ?

    Silvia: A browser can always overrule what we say
    ... we haven't really dicussed spatial fragments rendering
    ... spatial is anyways very spatial, is it really a fragment ?
    ... we have discussed the temporal fragment, 99% of our use cases
    :-)

    Raphael: I agree, let's focus on the temporal fragment rendering in
    UI
    ... I'm looking at
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spe
    c/#processing
    ... the Section 5 of the current draft

      [17] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#processing

    <foolip> oh noes, I missed it didn't I?

    nope philip, not yet

    we are half of the telecon :-)

    <foolip> oh, we started 30 minutes ago, righht?

    <scribe> ACTION: Silvia to draft a new subsection in the Section 5
    regarding the rendering in the UI of media fragments, at least for
    the temporal dimension [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-130 - Draft a new subsection in the
    Section 5 regarding the rendering in the UI of media fragments, at
    least for the temporal dimension [on Silvia Pfeiffer - due
    2010-02-03].

    Silvia: I haven't thought about other dimensions

    Davy: I will think about rendering for other dimensions (spatial and
    tracks)

    Raphael: another thread of discussion on the mailing list has been
    triggered by Werner: temporal fragments of media with time stamps

    See
    [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Ja
    n/0027.html

      [19] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jan/0027.html

    My summary:
    [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Ja
    n/0075.html

      [20] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jan/0075.html

    Raphael: how should we handle that?
    ... SMPTE was motivated by frame-based access to media

    Silvia: let's restrict to time continuous type of media
    ... timestamps are just markers

    <silvia> contiguously marked SMPTE time codes

    ACYTION: Davy to write down a new ISSUE in the tracker regarding the
    problem raised by werner (see also raphael's summary)

    <scribe> ACTION: Davy to write down a new ISSUE in the tracker
    regarding the problem raised by werner (see also raphael's summary)
    [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-131 - Write down a new ISSUE in the
    tracker regarding the problem raised by werner (see also raphael's
    summary) [on Davy Van Deursen - due 2010-02-03].

    Last thing we need to discuss are the proposed changes of Philip

    See:
    [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Ja
    n/0034.html

      [22] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jan/0034.html

    <foolip> lucky I got here in time then :)

    Philip, are you joining us on the phone ?

    We would like to discuss your proposed changes

    <foolip> I'll see if I can phone in

    Raphael: Why did we choose ABNF syntax in a first place ?

    Silvia: can't remember why we choosed that

    Raphael: let's ask Yves if he agrees to this change
    ... and more generally, to the group for the new paragraphs

    <scribe> ACTION: Raphael will ask on the mailing list if anybody has
    any problem with these changes proposed by Philip [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Raphael

4. AOB

    Silvia: we should clearly mark the stable sections in the document
    ... for the mozilla developpers

    <foolip> and Opera developers :)

    of course :-)

    Philip: one more issue ... dealing with decimal point ?

    trackbot, status

    <silvia>
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spe
    c/#processing-protocol-UA-mapped

      [24] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#processing-protocol-UA-mapped

    <scribe> ACTION: Philip to send to the mailing list a description of
    a new issue to be discussed (dealing with decimal for specifying
    time?) [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-132 - Send to the mailing list a
    description of a new issue to be discussed (dealing with decimal for
    specifying time?) [on Philip Jšgenstedt - due 2010-02-03].

    Silvia: I think we mainly now need to discuss the section 5.2.1.x

    <scribe> ACTION: Erik will try to generate some time diagram for the
    protocol description in the section 5.2.1.x [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action06]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-133 - Will try to generate some time
    diagram for the protocol description in the section 5.2.1.x [on Erik
    Mannens - due 2010-02-03].

    Raphael: ALL to not forget to add items for the agenda for the
    upcoming F2F meeting

    [meeting adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Davy to write down a new ISSUE in the tracker
    regarding the problem raised by werner (see also raphael's summary)
    [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: Erik will try to generate some time diagram for the
    protocol description in the section 5.2.1.x [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION: Philip to send to the mailing list a description of a
    new issue to be discussed (dealing with decimal for specifying
    time?) [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: Raphael will ask on the mailing list if anybody has
    any problem with these changes proposed by Philip [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: Silvia to draft a new subsection in the Section 5
    regarding the rendering in the UI of media fragments, at least for
    the temporal dimension [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: troncy to fix the weird character in the spec document
    [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 27 January 2010 11:21:16 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:37 GMT