W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > January 2010

Re: minutes of 2010-01-20 teleconference

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:13:49 +1300
Message-ID: <2c0e02831001201313u284753fdx3d940d477f363961@mail.gmail.com>
To: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr
Cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Were the proposed changes of Philip discussed? I'm not able to see
that in the minutes. I think they are ok and would see the group take
a look and agree to accept them.

Regards,
Silvia.

2010/1/21 RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@cwi.nl>:
> Hi all,
>
> The minutes of today's telecon are available for review at
> http://www.w3.org/2010/01/20-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format
> below).
>
> The main resolution taken is that the next F2F meeting will be held on March
> 8-9 in Ghent (Belgium) ... upon confirmation from Erik that he can host it.
> We expect the physical participation of Yves, Erik, Davy, Jack, RaphaŽl and
> the remote participation of Silvia, Conrad, Michael and Philip.
>
> The first main objective of the F2F will be to finish the specification of
> the protocol handling.
>
> We have also discussed Test Cases and the objective is to have a
> comprehensive list of them before the F2F so we can approved them.
>
> Best regards,
>
> †RaphaŽl
>
> -------
> † [1]W3C
> † † †[1] http://www.w3.org/
> † † † † † † Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
> 20 Jan 2010
> † See also: [2]IRC log
> † † †[2] http://www.w3.org/2010/01/20-mediafrag-irc
> Attendees
> † Present
> † † † † †Raphael, Thierry, Davy, Yves, jackjansen,
> † † † † †mhausenblas
> † Regrets
> † † † † †Erik, Silvia, Conrad
> † Chair
> † † † † †Raphael
> † Scribe
> † † † † †Yves
>
> Contents
> † † * [3]Topics
> † † † † 1. [4]Administrativia
> † † † † 2. [5]next f2f
> † † † † 3. [6]Spec
> † † * [7]Summary of Action Items
> † † _________________________________________________________
>
> † <davy> regrets from Erik, he is ill
>
> † <scribe> Scribe: Yves
>
> Administrativia
>
> † minutes of last Jan 13th..
>
> † <raphael> +1 for accepting the minutes
>
> † ACCEPTED
>
> † Charter extension:
>
> † Yves: heading toward one year
>
> † Thierry: it will be discussed next tuesday. Main issue is the status
> † of MF 2.0 (that was in the charter)
>
> † Raphael: charter has wording about changing the charter for future
> † work.
>
> † Thierry: current goal is to progress MF 1.0 to REC
>
> next f2f
>
> † Raphael: waiting for answers from Conrad & Silvia
>
> † Jack: they replied
>
> † <raphael> Michael, can you dial in now ?
>
> † more noodling needed...
>
> † <raphael> we need your answer regarding date and location for next
> † F2F
>
> † Raphael: there are actions related to protocol, so we need to close
> † those during the f2f (Conrad should attend for that)
>
> † Conrad didn't give a full 'ok' for Seoul
>
> † <mhausenblas> aadd is me
>
> † Raphael: heading toward AMS for the next f2f
>
> † we need to be sure that Conrad can make it virtually
>
> † <mhausenblas> +1
>
> † <davy> +1
>
> † <jackjansen> But for coffeeshops Amsterdam is better
>
> Spec
>
> † We have discussions about processing requirements, as well as
> † actions on syntax and tests
>
> † <raphael> ACTION-126?
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-126 -- Yves Lafon to follow up on error in ABFN
> † for npt -- due 2009-12-23 -- OPEN
>
> † <trackbot>
> † [8]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/126
>
> † † †[8] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/126
>
> † Yves: there are discussion on duration/syntax in header as well, so
> † we might nail both this ntp issue and header syntax in one pass
>
> † (related to timecodes and non-zero starting point)
>
> † <raphael> ACTION-123?
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-123 -- Yves Lafon to come up with ABNF for header
> † syntax -- due 2009-12-09 -- OPEN
>
> † <trackbot>
> † [9]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/123
>
> † † †[9] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/123
>
> † <raphael> Yves: we should finish that during the F2F meeting
>
> † <raphael> ... We need to discuss that with Conrad who has added
> † recently some stuff
>
> † <raphael> Jack: how much work is needed for a strawman syntax ?
>
> † <raphael> Yves: I think I have done that
>
> † Yves: tought I already sent it a while ago
>
> † Yves to investigate on this
>
> † jack: we need it to pinpoint issues
>
> † <raphael> ACTION-125?
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-125 -- Michael Hausenblas to revisit his ednote in
> † section 5 -- due 2009-12-09 -- OPEN
>
> † <trackbot>
> † [10]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/125
>
> † † [10] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/125
>
> † <jackjansen>
> † [11]http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-frags-20091217/#processing
>
> † † [11] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-frags-20091217/#processing
>
> † <raphael> We are looking at
> † [12]http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-frags-20091217/#processing-ov
> † erview-errors
>
> † † [12]
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-frags-20091217/#processing-overview-errors
>
> † it's in fact Jack's ednote (the second one)
>
> † jack: implementation shouldn't make a guess when dealing with broken
> † stuff
> † ... we must discuss duing the f2f
>
> † <raphael> Discussion about whether an over-specified dimension
> † should be an error or not in the group
>
> † Yves: if there is an error it might be because it's a bug or it's an
> † extension, or maybe it's just something else than a mediafrag
>
> † <mhausenblas> close ACTION-125
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-125 Revisit his ednote in section 5 closed
>
> † so be conservative and do not process errors
>
> † Raphael: make sure that such discussion happen also around the test
> † cases
>
> † ie: move/copy the ednote on top of the wiki page
>
> † <mhausenblas> ACTION: mhausenb to move the editorial note
> † [13]http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-frags-20091217/#processing-ov
> † erview-errors to the TC (wiki) [recorded in
> † [14]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/20-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
>
> † † [13]
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-frags-20091217/#processing-overview-errors
>
> † <trackbot> Created ACTION-129 - Move the editorial note
> † [15]http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-frags-20091217/#processing-ov
> † erview-errors to the TC (wiki) [on Michael Hausenblas - due
> † 2010-01-27].
>
> † † [15]
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-frags-20091217/#processing-overview-errors
>
> † <raphael> ACTION-108?
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-108 -- Michael Hausenblas to add the missing test
> † cases in corrib -- due 2009-11-16 -- OPEN
>
> † <trackbot>
> † [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/108
>
> † † [16] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/108
>
> † <raphael> ACTION-115?
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-115 -- Michael Hausenblas to come up with
> † categorization of test cases wrt empty, undefined, etc -- due
> † 2009-09-30 -- OPEN
>
> † <trackbot>
> † [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/115
>
> † † [17] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/115
>
> † <raphael> ACTION-119?
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-119 -- Yves Lafon to request admins to set up a
> † cvs notifications mailing list and notifications -- due 2009-10-14
> † -- OPEN
>
> † <trackbot>
> † [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/119
>
> † † [18] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/119
>
> † Raphael: so ETA for Michael's issues is next week.
>
> † <raphael> ACTION-119?
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-119 -- Yves Lafon to request admins to set up a
> † cvs notifications mailing list and notifications -- due 2009-10-14
> † -- OPEN
>
> † <trackbot>
> † [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/119
>
> † † [19] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/119
>
> † need to check the status
>
> † jack: regrets for next week
>
> † Yves will be at a f2f next week
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
> † [NEW] ACTION: mhausenb to move the editorial note
> † [20]http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-frags-20091217/#processing-ov
> † erview-errors to the TC (wiki) [recorded in
> † [21]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/20-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
>
> † † [20]
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-frags-20091217/#processing-overview-errors
>
> † [End of minutes]
> † † _________________________________________________________
>
> --
> RaphaŽl Troncy
> EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
> 2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
> e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
> Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
> Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
> Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
>
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 20 January 2010 21:14:42 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:35 GMT