Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 13 January, Telecon 1000 UTC

From: erik mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 10:30:40 +0100
To: "'erik mannens'" <erik.mannens@ugent.be>, <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear Media Fragmenters,

Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon:

Erik will be our scribe (Davy on deck). Actions opened:

Major issues to resolve/address:
- charter extension
- next face2face
- test cases

Best regards.

Erik & RaphaŽl

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2010-01-13
Wednesday, 16 December *10:00-11:00 UTC*
Local time:

13 January 2010, 1000 UTC
              0200 (West US)
              1000 (Galway)
              1100 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
	  1800 (Shanghai)
              1900 (Tokyo)
              2100 (Sydney)
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge FR: +
Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
Duration : 60 minutes
IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html

Chair: RaphaŽl/Erik
ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
Scribe: Erik (On Deck: Davy)

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
members and invited experts only.

* Roll call
* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 16 December 2009 telecon:
* Next F2F Meeting: see
* ACTION-92: Erik and Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers (ongoing
... re-raise around 15/01/10)
* Charter Extension: when to do what? Other prereqs than publication?

2.0 Published drafts (Erik/RaphaŽl)

ACTION: status on following actions
** Close actions 123, 125?

2.1 Media Fragment URI syntax: (Yves)
* Bug in the npt specification found by Philip:

"I'd also like to point out that the ABNF for NPT does not match
RFC2326. It allows there to be 0 or more digits following the decimal
point, while the MF ABNF allows 1 or more digits."

ACTION-126: Yves to follow up on error in ABFN for npt

2.2 UA Server HTTP Communication: (Conrad/Raphael)
* ACTION-123: Yves to come up with ABNF for header syntax
* ACTION-125: Michael to revisit his ednote in section 5

2.3 Media Fragment Processing:
* Question of MF URI validity by Philip:
* Suggestion of nasty test cases by Philip:

2.4 Discovery of 'Track' and 'Named' fragments:
* ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
* Davy's strawman implementation using ROE:
* Silvia's blog post:
* Jack's proposal to write up that we should distinguish the mechanism (ROE,
MPEG-21) vs the semantics

2.5 Handling of 'Track' and 'ID':
Conrad's proposal (Fragment header):

3. TEST CASES: (Michael)
* Corrib test tool: http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/
* ACTION-108: Michael to add the missing test cases in corrib
* ACTION-115: Michael to come up with categorization of test cases wrt
empty, undefined, etc
* ACTION-118: Michael to come up with individual 'normal' test cases (+/-
* ACTION-119: Yves to request admins to set up a cvs notifications mailing
list and notifications

* ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
implement the logic on client side
* ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the logic
could be implemented on client side
* ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code doing
the parsing on client side of the media fragment
* ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an implementation
in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments parsing

5.1 Active:

5.2 Non-Active:
* ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
* ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
* ISSUE-7 [Michael]: User Agent Media Fragment Resolution and Processing
* ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
* ISSUE-12 [Raphael]: What's the relationship between Images (CSS) Sprites
and the spatial dimension of the Media Fragments URI scheme?
* ISSUE-13 [Raphael]: Write a IETF draft for proposing how to register the
fragment scheme for all media types

6. AOB