W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > February 2010

Minutes of 2010-02-10 teleconference

From: erik mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:08:23 +0100
To: <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Message-ID: <002901caaa41$5c4ce5a0$14e6b0e0$@mannens@ugent.be>
Dear all,

 

 

The minutes of today's phoneconf are available for review at
http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format
below). Thx Silvia for the scribe! Have a nice week & talk to you all next
Wednesday (don't forget to read the 'temporal' test cases).

 

 

Sincere greetings,

 

Erik Mannens

 

Project Manager

 

Gaston Crommenlaan 8 bus 201

B-9050 Ledeberg-Ghent, Belgium

 

T: +32 9 331 49 93

F: +32 9 331 48 96

M: +32 473 27 44 17

E: erik.mannens@ugent.be

W: http://www.mmlab.be/emannens

 

 

http://multimedialab.elis.ugent.be

 

 


Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference


10 Feb 2010


Agenda
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Feb/0013.html
> 

See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-mediafrag-irc> 


Attendees


Present

Erik, Davy, Raphael, Michael, Silvia, Thierry

Regrets

Yves, Conrad

Chair

Raphael, Erik

Scribe

silvia


Contents


*	Topics <http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-mediafrag-minutes.html#agenda>


1.	1. <http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-mediafrag-minutes.html#item01>
ADMIN
2.	2. F2F <http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-mediafrag-minutes.html#item02>
Meeting
3.	3. <http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-mediafrag-minutes.html#item03>
SPECIFICATION
4.	4. <http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-mediafrag-minutes.html#item04>
ISSUES
5.	5. TEST <http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-mediafrag-minutes.html#item05>
CASES: (Michael)
6.	7. AOB <http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-mediafrag-minutes.html#item06> 

*	Summary
<http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-mediafrag-minutes.html#ActionSummary>  of
Action Items

  _____  

<trackbot> Date: 10 February 2010

Meeting open

Raphael: focus on two things
... * "ready for implementation" markings
... * test cases


1. ADMIN


PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 03 February 2009 telecon:

http://www.w3.org/2010/02/03-mediafrag-minutes.html

<mhausenblas> +1

<raphael> +1

<erik> +1

+1

<davy> +1

raphael: accepted

RE: ACTION-127: Thierry/Yves to look for the charter extension

thierry: WG was extended for a year, until end Jan 2011

RESOLUTION: accept the minutes of the 03 February 2009 telecon

thierry: management wants public to react on document
... wants to get Last Call asap

<Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to ask re HTTPbis dependecies

close ACTION-127

<trackbot> ACTION-127 Look for the charter extension closed

mhausenblas: HTTPbis dependencies should be addressed at f2f

<raphael> Michael: is there any dependencies with HTTPBis ... also in last
call

thierry: extension will be announced today or tomorrow

RE: ACTION-92: Erik and Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers

Erik: hopefully finishes his part by weekend and hopes to send edits next
week


2. F2F Meeting


Draft Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/FithF2FAgenda

raphael: add topics to wiki, everything you'd like us to discuss
... also things we should conclude on
... venue and zakim booking are done


3. SPECIFICATION


RE: ACTION-134: Erik to mark up the spec with normative and informative
classes

raphael: thinks it's too early for such markup
... should be last thing we do
... still subject to lots of discussions
... could start marking up on the parts that are major

silvia:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Feb/0007.html
... has a list of things that could be marked up already
... not possible for everything of course

raphael: would rather want to get implementations

mhausenblas: agree, statements are too early
... could change still

raphael: support the path that silvia mentions

<mhausenblas> Michael: we should flag stable vs. unstable sections rather
than normative vs. informative

raphael: just marking some sections as "ready for implementation"

<raphael> Section:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#npt-time

<raphael> is stable providing the correction of the npt bug

<mhausenblas> Michael: this is IMO, what implementers are primarily
interested in

<raphael>
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#processin
g-protocol-UA-mapped

raphael: correct npt scheme
... no action yet
... should include diagrams that Erik sent

<mhausenblas> ACTION-126?

<trackbot> ACTION-126 -- Yves Lafon to follow up on error in ABFN for npt --
due 2009-12-23 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/126

silvia: Yves said he would do the changes by next week

raphael: make sure Yves completes by next week

erik: first job on diagrams
... only includes main headers, not all headers

michael: should include all headers

silvia: haven't looked at the diagrams indepth

michael: a decision for who marks it up to include what is most important

erik: will look at it again

silvia: we could also rely on implementers to give us feedback

raphael: suggest to give action to somebody to integrate diagrams into
document

<scribe> ACTION: silvia to include Erik's diagrams into specification
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-138 - Include Erik's diagrams into specification
[on Silvia Pfeiffer - due 2010-02-17].

UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: silvia to also include source files

erik: diagrams got generated automatically

<mhausenblas> http://www.websequencediagrams.com/

erik: from websequencediagrams
... diagrams are public
... put links into wiki
... silvia will add links to originals into comment and add files into cvs

raphael: need somebody to mark sections as implementable

<raphael> ACTION-134?

<trackbot> ACTION-134 -- Erik Mannens to mark up the spec with normative and
informative classes -- due 2010-02-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/134

<raphael> ACTION-133?

<trackbot> ACTION-133 -- Erik Mannens to will try to generate some time
diagram for the protocol description in the section 5.2.1.x -- due
2010-02-03 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/133

close ACTION-133

<trackbot> ACTION-133 Will try to generate some time diagram for the
protocol description in the section 5.2.1.x closed

scribe: if everyone agrees on the list of chapters that silvia said are
implementable, they should be marked up as such

<no objections>

<mhausenblas> +1

<davy> +1

<raphael> Is there strong disagreement for marking up these parts in the
document ?

<raphael> ... as stable

<raphael> good, no objections

<scribe> ACTION: silvia to mark up specified sections as implementable
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-139 - Mark up specified sections as implementable
[on Silvia Pfeiffer - due 2010-02-17].

<raphael> ACTION-135?

<trackbot> ACTION-135 -- Erik Mannens to extend section 5 regarding spatial
and track dimension -- due 2010-02-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/135

<raphael> ACTION-136?

<trackbot> ACTION-136 -- Davy Van Deursen to create a diagram of video
timeline to explain temporal dimension -- due 2010-02-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/136

RE: ACTION-135: Davy, Erik to extend section 5 regarding spatial and track
dimension

<scribe> ongoing

close ACTION-136

<trackbot> ACTION-136 Create a diagram of video timeline to explain temporal
dimension closed


4. ISSUES


later


5. TEST CASES: (Michael)


michael hasn't had the time to spend on test cases

raphael: need another volunteer to keep this going

michael: I will not be able to drive this
... need a volunteer to take over

erik: we can do it but not before april

<raphael> Silvia: I'm not sure we need a responsible person, no stress on
someone in particular

<raphael> ... it could be a collective effort

<raphael> Michael: I think you're right, but getting a person setting up the
policy for external reviews is important

<raphael> ... for that, it is good to have a face

silvia: could be part of the natural sequence of (1) defining use case, (2)
defining solution, (3) defining error and test cases

raphael: during f2f we could collectively discuss test cases that are well
enough defined

<mhausenblas> Michael: the 'collective approach' actually made me
propose/implement http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/

raphael: we should do all of the above :)
... define test cases during f2f
... have a person responsible from April to follow up

michael: main motivation is to get the implementation report in just one
click
... this is what corrib has been set up for

<tmichel> A Method for Writing Testable Conformance Requirements

michael: should be decided at f2f

<tmichel>  <http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/NOTE-test-methodology-20100128/>
http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/NOTE-test-methodology-20100128/

erik: I like the one-click approach to report

<tmichel> document presents a method for writing, marking-up, and analyzing
conformance requirements in technical specifications.

silvia: agree to having somebody responsible to look after corrib for
checking implementation conformance

micheal: implementation report is part of our charter

+1

erik: exit criteria we will write in CR document

raphael: should we look at test cases now?

michael: can show what I've done so far
... classification of test cases
... move into wiki

<mhausenblas> ACTION-115?

<trackbot> ACTION-115 -- Michael Hausenblas to come up with categorization
of test cases wrt empty, undefined, etc -- due 2009-09-30 -- CLOSED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/115

michael: uploaded an rdf document that defined all the cases

<mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/mftc

silvia: is that out of corrib?

erik: can we get a more readable version?

<mhausenblas> ACTION: mhausenb to create a more readable version of the TC
classification at http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/mftc
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-140 - Create a more readable version of the TC
classification at http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/mftc [on
Michael Hausenblas - due 2010-02-17].

silvia: for me it's not about readability, but about how to edit

michael: you have access to the file - it's in cvs
... will create a readable html page out of it

silvia: question whether we should address the test case for time dimension

michael: what differences did you have

silvia: only one major difference to before

michael: would need to work through the list
... prefer to delay to next week

erik: any other topic?


7. AOB


<no reactions>

erik: thanks everyone

em wonders if I sometimes mixed up erik and davy...

s/em/me/ ;)

<mhausenblas> [adjourned]


Summary of Action Items


[NEW] ACTION: mhausenb to create a more readable version of the TC
classification at http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/mftc
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: silvia to include Erik's diagrams into specification [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: silvia to mark up specified sections as implementable
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]
Received on Wednesday, 10 February 2010 11:09:09 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:37 GMT