Re: URI templates (was Re: fragment or sub-resources)

From: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 21:30:55 +0200
Cc: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, public-media-fragment@w3.org
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>

On 20 sep 2009, at 03:19, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>>> [1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-03

URI templates look potentially interesting, but there's one big
problem: their use of { and } for expressions. Because these are
already used by Attribute Value Templates. These are part of XSL (http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#attribute-value-templates
), are also used in SMIL 3.0 (http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-SMIL3-20081201/smil-state.html#q48
), and (I think) considered for inclusion by the XForms people

In these languages, it is the host language that implements the {}
substitution, and therefore defines the grammar inside the curly
braces. (XPath in XSL, and XPath by default, but overridable on
document level in SMIL).

It seems that this use of curly braces would conflict with uri-
templates...
Goldman