Re: great news from YouTube on frag addressing

From: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 21:14:43 +0200
Cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>

On 19 sep 2009, at 11:02, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> More news from YouTube:
> http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2009/09/release-notes-91709.html
>
> One new feature they added relates to your history of watching videos.
>
> "Resume where you left off: Let's say you're watching an epic (read:
> longer than 20 minutes) video, and you get distracted and click away.
> The next time you return to the video, it will resume where you left
> off watching, assuming you've watched more than one minute of the
> video and there are more than three minutes left."

How does this work? It doesn't seem to say in the blog message...

And: it may be important to us. Because if they have some contrived
implementation that the same URL will position to where you left off
the previous time (through some magic with cookies or something) it
may mean we have to cater for this case. Of course, one hopes that
this isn't how they implemented it, but...
Goldman