Media Fragments WG status

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:20:19 +0200
To: Deborah Dahl <dahl@conversational-technologies.com>
CC: w3c-html-cg@w3.org, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear HCG,

The Media Fragments WG is preparing his 4th F2F meeting (virtual), next
week. We will publish soon after a second round of documents.

We have received comments on the "Use Cases and Requirements" document
from the Media Annotations WG that we are currently addressing. We have
now a proposal for expressing Range request using custom units (e.g.
seconds in npt or smpte-30). We are still discussing the exact role of
the '?' and the '#' while expressing segment (resp. fragment) of media
resources, and the protocol communication involved between the UA and
the server.

For the interested reader, an excellent blog post summarizing the state
of our thoughts is available at [1].
Best regards.

   Erik & RaphaŽl

[1]