Multiple Range headers in an HTTP request

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:20:09 +0200
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
CC: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Dear all,

We knew that the latest blog post from Silvia is brilliant :-)
http://blog.gingertech.net/2009/09/08/uri-fragments-vs-uri-queries-for-media-fragment-addressing/

It has triggered some interesting discussions too (read the comments).
One of them is the reason for my question. Philip Jšgenstedt wrote
"I also would be surprised if there wasnít a lot of server software that
assumes that there will be at most 1 Range HTTP header and misbehaves
otherwise."

A question for you Yves:
   - is it allowed to have multiple Range headers in a single HTTP request?
   - how the server is supposed to interpret it if this is the case?
     a) Ignore the Range request and serve the whole content
     b) Pick the first Range and serves it
     c) Pick a random Range among the ones specified and serves it
     d) Undefined :-(
Cheers.