Re: video aspect use case

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 17:03:10 +0200
To: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
CC: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, public-media-fragment@w3.org
> The television would request a 16:9 fragment of the video (or version of
> the video, depending on the outcome of ? vs #) to avoid doing the
> cropping internally.

I would actually turn the use case the other way around:

[[
Silvia owns a old television that can only display the 4:3 ratio and not
the modern widescreen aspect ratios. To avoid paying a premium in
network fees, she would like the television to request only what can be
displayed to avoid wasting bandwidth.
]]

So:
http://www.greatmovies.com/StarWars.mp4#aspect=4:3 will request the 4:3