W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > September 2009

Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 9 September, Telecon 1200 UTC

From: Conrad Parker <conrad@metadecks.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 00:20:48 +0900
Message-ID: <dba6c0830909080820v43af12c2nc7e6e024fadeb0e1@mail.gmail.com>
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Cc: public-media-fragment@w3.org, Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Hi,

apologies from me too. Sorry that this time is not working out for me
this month.

Conrad.

2009/9/8 RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>:
> Dear Media Fragmenters,
>
> We have an exciting telecon coming, the last one before our virtual F2F
> meeting. Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=09&month=09&year=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0.
>
> Jack will _really_ scribe this time (Yves is on deck).
> Actions opened:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/open
> Best regards.
>
> †Erik & RaphaŽl
>
> ------------
>
> AGENDA Teleconference
> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-09-09
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> Wednesday, 09 September *12:00-13:00 UTC*
> Local time:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=09&month=09&year=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>
> 09 September 2009, 1200 UTC
> † † † † † † 0500 (West US)
> † † † † † † 1300 (Galway)
> † † † † † † 1400 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
> † † † † † † 2100 (Tokyo)
> † † † † † † 2200 (Sydney)
> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> IRC channel † † † † †: #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
> W3C IRC Web Client † : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
> Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
> Zakim information † †: http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> Zakim IRC bot † † † †: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Chair: Raphael, Erik
> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
> Scribe: Jack (On Deck: Yves)
> Regrets: Silvia
>
> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
> members and invited experts only.
>
> 1. ADMIN:
> * Roll call
> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 02 September 2009 telecon:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/09/02-mediafrag-minutes.html
> * Next WG gathering:
> †- 17-18 September: Virtual Meeting, see the agenda at
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/FourthF2FAgenda
> †- 2-6 November: TPAC week in Santa Clara (CA, USA)?
> * ACTION-92: Erik and Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers
> (ongoing ... re-raise around 15/09/09)
>
> 2. UC & REQUIREMENTS:
> * ACTION-95: Michael to review ALL UC with a mobile hat on and check
> whether these sufficiently cover the mobile usage
> * ACTION-101: Yves to write a UC describing the use of aspect ratio
> feature, and thus motivating its usage
> * Use Cases and Requirements WD review:
> †- Updates from MAWG:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Sep/0008.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Sep/0012.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Sep/0012.html
> †- TAG: Yves ... re-raise around 01/09/09
>
> 3. SPECIFICATION:
>
> 3.1 Terminology: (Silvia)
> * ACTION-103: Silvia to write a paragraph in our 2 documents, most
> likely within the Terminology sections, explaining that when we say URI,
> we mean URI Ref
> Done: see
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Sep/0024.html
>
> 3.2 Syntax: (Yves)
> * ACTION-49: Yves to Draft the HTTP-Range syntax for different units
> (completing all the syntax for the two way handshake) (ongoing ...
> re-raise around 01/09/09)
>
> 3.3 UA Server HTTP Communication (Conrad/Raphael)
> * ACTION-69: Conrad to draw a representation of the general structure of
> a media resource, for streamable formats
> * ACTION-104: Yves to start a thread on the mailing list to summarize
> the state of the discussion regarding ? and # (? when transcoding
> happening, #for other cases) + use of URI template for ?
> See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Sep/0016.html
>
> 4. TEST CASES: (Michael)
> * Corrib test tool: http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/
> * Michael: we need to carefully define the three different error cases:
> undefined/wrongly defined/not present; Might renumber the TC; See
> whether the TC could be put into a table (with support from a
> programmatic tool).
> * ACTION-93: Michael to revisit the TC and see which are affected by the
> temporal-optional-comma-decision
>
> 5. ISSUES
>
> 5.1 Active:
> * ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
> ** ACTION-82: Michael to flesh out TC vocabulary re ISSUE-9
> * ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
> ** ACTION-62: Yves to ask the TAG whether transcoding should be
> forbidden or not when we send a fragment of a resource
> ** Done: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jun/0180.html
> (+ thread). How to restart the discussion? Ask Noah to have an item
> during the next call?
>
> 5.2 Non-Active:
> * ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
> * ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
> client-side
> * ISSUE-7 [Michael]: User Agent Media Fragment Resolution and Processing
> * ISSUE-12 [Raphael]: What's the relationship between Images (CSS)
> Sprites and the spatial dimension of the Media Fragments URI scheme?
> * ISSUE-13 [Raphael]: Write a IETF draft for proposing how to register
> the fragment scheme for all media types
>
> 6. IMPLEMENTATION:
> * ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
> implement the logic on client side
> * ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
> logic could be implemented on client side
> * ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code
> doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment
> * ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an
> implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments
> parsing
> * ACTION-90: Davy to provide a pointer to Yves to a lib he can use to
> slice media files
>
> 7. AOB
>
> --
> RaphaŽl Troncy
> CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
> Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
> e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
> Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
> Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
> Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
>
>
>
Received on Tuesday, 8 September 2009 15:21:29 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:34 GMT